Windows 10: Windows 10 Feature Update with WSUS - disable automatic restart after 15 minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 Feature Update with WSUS - disable automatic restart after 15 minutes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Morning, we just configured our WSUS Server ( 2016 ) to deploy feature updates to clients. It looks like this: 1. Client contacts wsus to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ludwig_S, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Ludwig_S Win User

Windows 10 Feature Update with WSUS - disable automatic restart after 15 minutes

Good Morning,

we just configured our WSUS Server ( 2016 ) to deploy feature updates to clients.

It looks like this:
    1. Client contacts wsus to get feature Update

2. Client downloads and installs feature update automaticly

3. After installation is complete a restart alert is shown to restart the pc in 15 min.
    User can only choose between "restart now" and "close". Its not possible to delay it.

Now our problem is:
    We use GPOs to prevent automatic restart if user is logged on and it works with normal updates.
    It looks like feature updates ignore our group policies.

Client registry looks like this ( as a result of our gpos):
    Windows 10 Feature Update with WSUS - disable automatic restart after 15 minutes 4788b294-70ca-470b-80c7-67bb004b2a4f?upload=true.png

Windows 10 Feature Update with WSUS - disable automatic restart after 15 minutes 41f02a54-9bd6-4464-beca-277d6bcd8bac?upload=true.png

At this point i am pretty much out of ideas to prevent the auto restart...

Any ideas how to solve it ? Thank you very much!

Kidn regards
    Ludwig

:)

Ludwig_S, Jun 19, 2019
  2. BbrynnN Win User

(how to disable automatic restart) rant about automatic updates and Windows 10 in general

OMG!

I've just been notified by my new Windows 10 system, that it's going to restart itself in 15 minutes. It gives me the option to restart now, or wait for it in 15 minutes.

Why in the world does this happen without user control or permission?

How can I disable it? I'm perfectly capable of restarting my own system, at a time that's convenient for me.

Please tell me how to disable this ridiculous feature.

Thanks.

BbrynnN, Jun 19, 2019
  3. My computer restarts itself after 15 to 20 minutes

are you running WIN XP/Vista?

If so , disable the automatic restart feature so that you can see a BSoD, if it's applicable; copy the info on the BSoD and post it up here, too.

If you do have auto restart disabled, and the whole system restarts, it's typically a hardware issue of some sort.

imperialreign, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 10 Feature Update with WSUS - disable automatic restart after 15 minutes

[Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Feature Update with WSUS - disable automatic restart after 15 minutes - Similar Threads - Feature Update WSUS

2. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  3. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  4. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates II

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates II: So it's 2023, many times this same question was asked, so many answers by self procalimed windows pros, and guess what nothing works.Windows still restarts after every minor update i have tried all methods that coudl be found and could not aroud. I\m leaving my full...
  6. Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10: We have the following problem on our Windows 10 clients:What we want:Clients should get their Windows updates primarily from SCCM/MECM, users should get an information by SCCM/MECM that a restart is necessary/recommended to successfully finish the installation, but no...
  7. Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10: We have the following problem on our Windows 10 clients:What we want:Clients should get their Windows updates primarily from SCCM/MECM, users should get an information by SCCM/MECM that a restart is necessary/recommended to successfully finish the installation, but no...
  8. Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10

9. Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates

Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates: I need a way to disable automatic restarts on Windows 10 Home. Setting active hours does not work. I have engineering programs that run on my system 24/7 and I'm tired of losing data because I come back in the morning to find that my computer randomly restarted during the...
  10. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Is there any REAL way to disable this cancer feature? This is not the first time i have lost unsaved work due to this annoying function, that almost every Windows user hates. I'm trying to behave, but it is really hard to keep calm after loosing unsaved work multiple...