Windows 10: Windows 10 February Update ruined my PC.

Discus and support Windows 10 February Update ruined my PC. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated the new windows update last night. I turned on my computer and made it passed the login screen and my desktop loaded with the icons but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CooperSnacks, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 February Update ruined my PC.

I updated the new windows update last night. I turned on my computer and made it passed the login screen and my desktop loaded with the icons but windows explorer is frozen. All my automatic program start up freezes. I tried to get to taskbar it freezes. Then after a good minute I get a pop up that windows is not working then I get a black screen. My mouse moves but I just can't get my computer to start up.

Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/CooperSnacks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CooperSnacks, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Feb 10, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 February Update ruined my PC.

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 February Update ruined my PC.

1. Windows 10 February Update ruined my PC. - Similar Threads - February Update ruined

2. Windows 10 update may have ruined my pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update may have ruined my pc.: As of late, my programs on my pc just don’t boot up anymore after a while after a booting up my pc or restarting it. So right after a boot up or restart they work but after a while of using them, nothing boots up anymore. The same goes on another pc I have, so it’s not just...
  3. Windows updates ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruined my PC: Hello all,A few days ago my PC was installing updates. My PC tried restarting, turned itself off again, and restarted yet again, but this time I seem to receive no output power, my mouse, keyboard and monitor no longer work, has anyone experienced anything similar to this?,...
  4. Windows updates ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates ruined my PC: Hello all,A few days ago my PC was installing updates. My PC tried restarting, turned itself off again, and restarted yet again, but this time I seem to receive no output power, my mouse, keyboard and monitor no longer work, has anyone experienced anything similar to this?,...
  5. Windows updates ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Updates ruined my PC [HELP]

Updates ruined my PC [HELP]: Ever since my computer updated 4-5 updates at once, I can't use softwares like Windows Movie Maker, because it zooms in the video. I tried to uninstall them and it's impossible!! I used the exact same software on my mom's computer and she can read them fine. I don't...
  7. Windows update ruined my PC

Windows update ruined my PC: When I updated my PC, every time I boot up it asks me to run a disk check, if I run the disk check it stops at around 11% and skips the check like nothing happened. When I get to my desktop it just displays my wallpaper and a frozen taskbar. I went into recovery environment...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update ruined my pc

Latest Windows 10 update ruined my pc: Hey, I have recently installed the new windows ten update and ever since then my pc never boots up properly it always say scanning and repairing drive or else it just goes to a black screen with a cursor. i watched a youtube tutorial and i went into cmd and did a sfc...
  9. Windows 10 update ruined my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update ruined my pc: One night I was playing games and shut my computer down after, it said it had to update so I let it do its thing. I opened my computer and continued to log in, I notice instantly it was taking at least 15x the time it normally did. Then when I finally get logged in everything...
  10. Windows 10 update ruined my pc.

Windows 10 update ruined my pc.: The windows 10 update caused my computer to go into a restart loop until I went into cmd and did a backup. now the taskbar doesn’t work and my pc does not recognize my keyboard and ethernet ports. they both function perfectly with my laptop but dont work with my pc....