Windows 10: Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Over the past 2 years I have been plagued with problems caused by W10 Updates which fail and tie up the PC for hours while changes are undone - why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Roger K, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Roger K Win User

Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

Over the past 2 years I have been plagued with problems caused by W10 Updates which fail and tie up the PC for hours while changes are undone - why can't the system check to ensure that it is going to be possible to complete the update before it starts I am sure there will be a "smart" answer to that but not one that is really acceptable. In addition to that I have had terrible problems generally when starting up when everything just takes forever and disk access runs at 100% for a long time . Every

:)

Roger K, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2023
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 9, 2023
  4. Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

"Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

1. Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!! - Similar Threads - fighting Defender

2. Constantly fighting the same problems that never get fixed . NO HIGH PERFORMANCE POWER PLAN...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly fighting the same problems that never get fixed . NO HIGH PERFORMANCE POWER PLAN...: Here again with the same problem one of many . I cannot get high performance power plan active .I can find the setting . I can select high performance . BUT IT NEVER BECOMES ACTIVE !I can immediately go back and see it never changed from balanced .Why is it that only...
  3. Constantly fighting the same problems that never get fixed . NO HIGH PERFORMANCE POWER PLAN...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constantly fighting the same problems that never get fixed . NO HIGH PERFORMANCE POWER PLAN...: Here again with the same problem one of many . I cannot get high performance power plan active .I can find the setting . I can select high performance . BUT IT NEVER BECOMES ACTIVE !I can immediately go back and see it never changed from balanced .Why is it that only...
  4. HORI FIGHTING STICK α is not recognized by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HORI FIGHTING STICK α is not recognized by Windows 11: The following device: HORI FIGHTING STICK α, is not recognized by Windows 11, nor Steam, nor the HORI Device Manager application responsible for firmware updates on my PC. It works on other PCs, such as my FX504GD. When attempting to connect, the HORI FIGHTING STICK α lights...
  5. HORI FIGHTING STICK α is not recognized by Windows 11

HORI FIGHTING STICK α is not recognized by Windows 11: The following device: HORI FIGHTING STICK α, is not recognized by Windows 11, nor Steam, nor the HORI Device Manager application responsible for firmware updates on my PC. It works on other PCs, such as my FX504GD. When attempting to connect, the HORI FIGHTING STICK α lights...
  6. Fighting Against Ransomeware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fighting Against Ransomeware: This is not On by default. Please, for the sake of fighting against ransomeware, TOGGLE IT ONCheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fighting-against-ransomeware/6c7dfad4-185b-4418-ae5a-44eeea5b82fa
  7. Fighting Against Ransomeware

Fighting Against Ransomeware: This is not On by default. Please, for the sake of fighting against ransomeware, TOGGLE IT ONCheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fighting-against-ransomeware/6c7dfad4-185b-4418-ae5a-44eeea5b82fa
  8. I have to fight every time to get Windows 11 to offer 2560 x 1080 resolution

I have to fight every time to get Windows 11 to offer 2560 x 1080 resolution: I recently got a 34" widescreen LG monitor and almost every time I turn the monitor off, when I turn it back on, I have to fight with Windows 11 to offer 2560 x 1080 resolution. Why do I have to click and update and reboot almost every time for my computer to finally offer...
  9. Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!: Over the past 2 years I have been plagued with problems caused by W10 Updates which fail and tie up the PC for hours while changes are undone - why can't the system check to ensure that it is going to be possible to complete the update before it starts I am sure there will be...
  10. Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!: Over the past 2 years I have been plagued with problems caused by W10 Updates which fail and tie up the PC for hours while changes are undone - why can't the system check to ensure that it is going to be possible to complete the update before it starts I am sure there will be...