Windows 10: windows 10 fights with me on dropdowns and scrolling

Discus and support windows 10 fights with me on dropdowns and scrolling in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since I installed Windows 10 I have been having these issues on and off. when I try to click on a drop down to access the choices i am unable to when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eaglepi, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Eaglepi Win User

windows 10 fights with me on dropdowns and scrolling

Since I installed Windows 10 I have been having these issues on and off. when I try to click on a drop down to access the choices i am unable to when I scroll on a window it scrolls back up as I try to scroll down, When trying to access things like the the system menus to chose a screen saver I chose "lock screen" then it will not allow me to scroll down to screen saver settings, as I scroll down it scrolls up faster then I can scroll down and I am unable to chose the screen settings.

Sometimes it happens and sometimes I am able but it has been a ongoing problem since installing Windows 10
    I'm not sure I described the problem very well so I decided to make a YouTube video showing you what it does. You can see no matter what I do it it fights me or if I stop doing anything the scroll bar goes back to the top on it's own. You can see what it is doing here,
    scrolling - YouTube

:)

Eaglepi, Aug 21, 2016

2. Download the free Windows 10

Yes, you can download an .iso file and burn it to dvd.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Scroll down the page to the dropdown box for selecting your edition and select "Windows 10" and confirm with the Confirm button just below the dropdown (look for the Confirm button to find the dropdown).

Cbarnhorst, Aug 21, 2016
  3. I can not get the scroll bar to work on any apps, even sound and dropdowns do not work after Windows 10 updates

I am having problems with scrolling, mouse, and touchpad.

I can not get the scroll bar to work on any apps, even sound, and dropdowns do not work.

This has been since the last automatic update. Please help

Original Title: Windows 10 updat

jackiesnook, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

windows 10 fights with me on dropdowns and scrolling

1. windows 10 fights with me on dropdowns and scrolling - Similar Threads - fights dropdowns scrolling

2. Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!: Over the past 2 years I have been plagued with problems caused by W10 Updates which fail and tie up the PC for hours while changes are undone - why can't the system check to ensure that it is going to be possible to complete the update before it starts I am sure there will be...
  3. Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!: Over the past 2 years I have been plagued with problems caused by W10 Updates which fail and tie up the PC for hours while changes are undone - why can't the system check to ensure that it is going to be possible to complete the update before it starts I am sure there will be...
  4. Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections: In the version of Win10 I used for the past year I could right click in a Word Doc pinned to the start menu icon and click Print. That PC died in January after 6+ years. I have an HP Omen 1 week old. Office H&B was pre-installed. Now there are fewer selections in the...
  6. Win 10 Freezes on dropdown menu

Win 10 Freezes on dropdown menu: My Surface Pro 4 running Win10 keeps hanging for usually 10-20secs when I open dropdown menus within a web page. I do not suffer the same problem from the same accounts on my desktop. any ideas? including the 'topic' at the foot of this page for 5 secs...
  7. Fight Simulator X

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fight Simulator X: What needs to be done to activate? Only runs for about 30 minutes. Entered product code during install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fight-simulator-x/da97e6ab-76e9-4103-bc86-0fd7530b6a25"
  8. Scrolling and dropdown boxes

Scrolling and dropdown boxes: All of a sudden my apps scroll down without my prompting and won't let scroll back up, and the dropdown boxes show for a glimpse and will not allow me to select, even on the touchscreen. Help??!...
  9. Fighting security problems since going to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Fighting security problems since going to Windows 10 Pro: Sometimes when I go to install a program, EVEN run a progroam, I get access denied errors or similar. A program I've had installed for a few weeks, and have run many times gave me an access error on a file 3 layers deep in the Program Data folder. I was the first user on...
  10. Fighting Engagement Bait on Facebook

in Windows 10 News
    Fighting Engagement Bait on Facebook: People have told us that they dislike spammy posts on Facebook that goad them into interacting with likes, shares, comments, and other actions. For example, “LIKE this if you’re an Aries!” This tactic, known as “engagement bait,” seeks to take advantage of our News Feed...