Windows 10: Windows 10 File and Printer Sharing not working

Discus and support Windows 10 File and Printer Sharing not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, My Windows 10 is not listening on TCP Port 445 for SMB no matter what. I have to go into the network adaptor setting to disable "File and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chong W P, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Chong W P Win User

Windows 10 File and Printer Sharing not working

Hi All,

My Windows 10 is not listening on TCP Port 445 for SMB no matter what. I have to go into the network adaptor setting to disable "File and Printer Sharing" and reenable it for it to work. The issue is whenever I reboot the PC, I have to repeat the same process. I have try reinstalling the network driver, do a network reset but none of it is able to resolve the issue.

Regards

Chong

:)

Chong W P, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Karen Her Win User

turning on file and printer sharing windows 10

Thank you for the update. What we can suggest now is to turn on File and Printer sharing in Command Prompt. Here are the steps to do it:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type CMD in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit from the command prompt, and check if it will work.

If issue persists, try turning it on using Powershell, and check if it works. Here are the steps:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type Powershell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Close PowerShell.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Sep 3, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

4. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 File and Printer Sharing not working - Similar Threads - File Printer Sharing

2. Windows 10 Printer Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Printer Sharing: i have tried everything uninstalling updates and turning off updates works but that is not ideal as in some cases I have waited too long and it wont allow me to roll back updates past certain points. I have many USB connected printers to different PC's that need to be shared...
  3. Printer Sharing not working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Printer Sharing not working in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Are you unable to print through a shared printer when using Windows 11 or Windows 10? Are you unable to find the printer on the network? Then follow this easy guide to fix Printer sharing not working in Windows. Printer Sharing not working in Windows 11/10 Cannot...
  4. Windows 10 Printer Sharing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Printer Sharing: How do I get printer sharing to work after windows updates?I have tried everything uninstalling updates and turning off updates works but that is not ideal as in some cases I have waited too long and it wont allow me to roll back updates past certain points.I have many USB...
  5. Windows 10 sharing files not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 sharing files not working: After a recent update of Windows 10 I am having problems with my accessing my printer. I have checked the settings to ensure that I can access my files. The printer has worked last week. Now I find that access to the printer in manage the queue does not work from my main PC....
  6. NO File or Printer Sharing in Windows 10

NO File or Printer Sharing in Windows 10: Recently, I purchased a new Windows 10 laptop, and my wife also has a Windows 10 laptop (see specs below.) However, after following EVERY known tutorial on file and printer sharing, Windows 10 refuses to cooperate. FYI... each laptop gives a different error message when...
  7. File and Printer Sharing

File and Printer Sharing: I've just down a clean install of the latest version of windows 10 v1909, I cannot turn on File and Printer sharing on a private network. I use a NAS and I cannot see it in my network. Any thoughts would be appreciated....
  8. File and Printer Sharing does not work on new Windows Pro

File and Printer Sharing does not work on new Windows Pro: I added new Windows 10 Pro desktop to home network. Also have a Windows 10 Home laptop on network (both same Microsoft account). Both have all latest updates. Trying to share folders and a printer (printer on desktop). After turning on various features and services referred...
  9. Windows 10 Pro File & Printer Sharing Issue

Windows 10 Pro File & Printer Sharing Issue: We have three machines running Windows 10 on our home network (2 desktops; one with Windows 10 home & one with Windows 10 pro and one laptop w/ Windows 10 home). We previously had a homegroup setup that allowed us to share printers and files and access a USB 3.0 4TB...
  10. Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 File and printer sharing is the ability of a computer running Windows to share a folder or attached printer with other computers on a network....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 printer sharing not working

2. file and printer sharing windows 10

3. printer sharing not working

4. printer sharing not working win 10,
  5. windows 10 file sharing not working,
  6. windows 10 sharing not working,
  7. file and printer sharing not working win 10,
  8. file sharing not working windows 10,
  9. file sharing not working on windows 10,
  10. file and printer sharing not working,
  11. file sharing not working,