Windows 10: Windows 10 File Association Citrix

Discus and support Windows 10 File Association Citrix in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm need to re-associate the Citrix .ica file to "Citrix Connection Manager" after installing Citrix Workspace. Currently, the .ica file is associated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KF4GM, Jun 27, 2019.

1. KF4GM Win User

Windows 10 File Association Citrix

I'm need to re-associate the Citrix .ica file to "Citrix Connection Manager" after installing Citrix Workspace. Currently, the .ica file is associated with Internet Explorer. When I click on Internet Explorer to change the association, only "Adobe Acrobat DC" and "Internet Explorer" come up, with no choice to select the "Citrix Connection Manager". How do I force 'choose default app' to let me select another file (wfcrun32.exe) so I can fix this? I had some repairs that worked prior to last 2 builds. This is EXTREMELY frustrating!

:)

KF4GM, Jun 27, 2019

2. ICA file type association for Citrix

Can I get Citrix to work?

Like so many of us, I need to use Citrix for work. I have a new Surface Pro. IE pulls up the website perfectly, but the work apps won't open because the Citrix "ica" file opens with WordPad.

When I try to associate it to anything different, by navigating to default apps, then "chose default app by file type", my only options are WordPad and "find an app in the App Store". Downloaded Citrix from the app store, and that doesn't show up in the
    list of options - even after restart etc. Likewise, going to Citrix's site and downloading a Windows 10 compatible version of the software does not help either. Still WordPad, no matter whether I'm using IE, Edge, Firefox or Chrome.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

HereIsMe_77, Jun 27, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 File Association Citrix

windows 10 media player keeps trying to open citrix apps

Hello,

To specify which program or app opens Citrix files, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click the individual Citrix file.
    • Click Open with.
    • Choose what application you want to use to open the Citrix file.

You may also change the default file type automatically. Here are the steps:

• Click Start > Settings > System > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type.
    • Look for the Citrix receiver and choose an application.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 File Association Citrix

1. Windows 10 File Association Citrix - Similar Threads - File Association Citrix

2. File association problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File association problem Windows 10: I've associated .dok files to the program DesktopOK by GPO in order to load a desktop layout upon startup, so that new users can find an workable desktop layout instead of a pack of icons on the left.But it doesn't work. Although the file association script does its job...
  3. File Association issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Association issues in Windows 10: When installing an Adobe app, files associations work as expected. When I install a beta version of the same Adobe app, files association are moved to the beta version of the Adobe app. Once that happens, there is no way to move the file association back to the regular app...
  4. File Association issues in Windows 10

File Association issues in Windows 10: When installing an Adobe app, files associations work as expected. When I install a beta version of the same Adobe app, files association are moved to the beta version of the Adobe app. Once that happens, there is no way to move the file association back to the regular app...
  5. File Association issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 10 S and Citrix

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 S and Citrix: Hey, I'm looking to purchase a laptop that has Windows 10 S as the OS. I will need to load and run Citrix Receiver. Is that possible? And will Citirx run well in that environment?...
  7. Associate a file extension in Windows 10

Associate a file extension in Windows 10: Hey, I have just installed Endnote X9 Referencing Manager Application on my second pc.. It has created a icon for it and the program opens up and I am able to access the usual link through Word. My issue though is when I download the citation reference from my web site,...
  8. File Association Settings in Windows 10

File Association Settings in Windows 10: I have recent installed Lotus SmartSuite to my Windows 10 64 bit PC, as I have large numbers of old delivery dockets, created using Lotus WordPro years ago, that I need to access occasionally, when dealing with warranty claims & service matters. WordPro works perfectly....
  9. Windows 10 File Associations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File Associations: Hi, We are struggling to apply file associations effectively via our SCCM task sequence on build by applying a customisation XML we created. The only change the in the XML is for Adobe Reader for PDF to be used instead of Edge naively. The XML seems to apply...
  10. Windows 10 file association problem

Windows 10 file association problem: I use Bittorrent sometimes (legally). I don't like when downloading the torrent for it to open the app but prefer to SAVE the file until I can check it out. Win 7 had this ability, and after cleaning out ALL OF BITTORRENT from my SYSTEM, when a torrent link is clicked, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. citrix file associations not working

2. citrix connection manager windows 10

3. changing the Citrix file association

4. how to fix file associations for citrix,
  5. citrix ica file association,
  6. citrix connection manager windows 10 random logouts,
  7. citrix receiver file association windows 10,
  8. Citrix workspace app file type association,
  9. file association citrix,
  10. citrix receiver changed my file associations,
  11. file association for citrix in windows 10,