Windows 10: Windows 10 File Copy proglem

Discus and support Windows 10 File Copy proglem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem with copying files in File Explorer in Windows 10. Sometimes, but not all the time, I will have a batch of files that I am copying and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phart8, Aug 2, 2021.

1. phart8 Win User

Windows 10 File Copy proglem

I have a problem with copying files in File Explorer in Windows 10. Sometimes, but not all the time, I will have a batch of files that I am copying and the copy process will end without all of the files being copied. There is no error message or warning, it just stops. And the crazy thing is I can turn around and try the copy process again and it will work without a glitch. So I'm thinking it is not a lack of memory problem because the copy will eventually work. I have noticed this when I am transferring both from the computer I'm working on to an external drive as well as transferring be

:)

phart8, Aug 2, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 File Copy proglem - Similar Threads - File Copy proglem

2. Copying Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying Files: Hi, I started copying a single file from drive 1 to drive 2, it was copying at 200MB/s give or take. Then I started copying another file from Drive 1 to drive 3, and both are copying at 40MB/s. Why does copying 2 files cut the total traffic by 60% ? I can understand both...
  3. Copying files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files: Good Day, When copying multiple files usually I do it in ctrl+A, and transferring it to another, is there an option where I can only paste new files and not the same files that are already there without transferring the new ones one by one? e.g. I Copied all1500 folders...
  4. Windows 10 Copying Files Issue

Windows 10 Copying Files Issue: Hi all, I have encountered several times issues regarding copying files on Windows 10. It does not matter where it is being copied from and to on the laptop or even to and from an external hard drive. This is the latest version of Windows 10 20H2, but I have encountered...
  5. to copy files on windows 10

to copy files on windows 10: I have worked with windows since 1990, now i have a windows 10 state of the art laptop and file copying is absolutly shocking. Any reason? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-copy-files-on-windows-10/e0c65c0f-9bc8-48ed-9385-be639d9307c1
  6. copying files

copying files: How do I transfer music files to my linked phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files/883dd539-1427-418a-b163-426df9d620fd"
  7. Copying Files

Copying Files: There is something I observed while bulk copying : The copy speed while backing up 100s of GB of data from one Hard Drive to back-up drive. I wonder it is a problem of windows or a problem in my system? When I, say copying a smaller amount of data (for example 30-40 GB...
  8. Copying Files

Copying Files: How can I copy user files from one PC to another? I have given myself permissions to the user folder on the old PC and shared the folders out but I can't access them from the new PC....
  9. How is copying files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How is copying files in Windows 10?: In Windows 7, it can be a real bother to leave a folder to copy to another drive, with some files in the folder being new versions to replace versions already existing in a same-name folder on the drive that's being copied to... and at some point into the transfer a dialogue...
  10. Copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files: I have a flash drive with many mp3's on it, however they are split up into various folders. How can I copy all mp3's to my fixed disc without the directories, ie just copy the mp3's without having to access each individual directory. TIA, Mike 83198