Windows 10: Windows 10 File Exlorer can't find files

Discus and support Windows 10 File Exlorer can't find files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Exlorer can't find files after renaming their folders. The only remedy seems start indexing all over again - but that can't be the solution.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carambax, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Carambax Win User

Windows 10 File Exlorer can't find files

File Exlorer can't find files after renaming their folders.

The only remedy seems start indexing all over again - but that can't be the solution.

:)

Carambax, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 24, 2020
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

1. Windows 10 File Exlorer can't find files - Similar Threads - File Exlorer can't

2. windows can't find my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows can't find my files: i booted up my computer after an update a few days ago and tried to open a text file on my desktop, it threw the error of "Windows cannot find path to file. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". if i try to open a photo and i get "path to photo no such...
  3. File History can't find file but it is there

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History can't find file but it is there: I've been using File History for over 2 years on Win 10 with no issues. Files save to my external Seagate 2TB drive. Now, today I discover that when I want to see the file history of any file in my "MY PICTURES" folder using the "File History" icon in Explorer, I get "We...
  4. Can't find file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find file: I downloaded a plugin for ableton live which required a installer first. I used the installer to download the actual plugin then it required me to restart my computer. Once I finished restarting the pc, I searched for the downloaded plugin so i could move it into the correct...
  5. File exlorer doesn't work !

File exlorer doesn't work !: Every time that i try to open something in my file explorer, i just see a blue circle and nothing else, even if i wait more than 10min it change nothing, i have tried restarting the pc but it does nothing, i don't know what to do please help me. sorry if it's bad im not...
  6. Windows can't find my files

Windows can't find my files: All of a sudden, Windows can't find many maybe even most, but not all of my files and apps. When I try to open a Word doc, or my Brother printer/scanner app, or Everything to search for files, I get an error saying "Windows cannot find [xxx.doc or xxx.exe]. Make sure you...
  7. windows 10 Can't find .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 Can't find .exe files: I have a new laptop which is upgraded to win 10 pro. I installed Microsoft office onto it. When I click on any of the apps associated with the office I get the error windows can't find C:\program files9x86\Microsoft office\office12\*.exe. I have tried this series of commands...
  8. The new update for the dark file exlorer is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    The new update for the dark file exlorer is not working: i have updated my computer to the latest version. i still am unable to change my file explorer to dark theme. my roommate is able to change his files explorer but i am unable....
  9. Windows 10 can't find files! :(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 can't find files! :(: I just had a clean install of Windows 10. I'm getting things working little by little but there's one really big thing I need help with. Win 10 search seems to be broken! When I try to search for a file, only maybe the same few files come up on the screen. I have to use File...
  10. Clicking in Nav pane in file exlorer opens new window

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking in Nav pane in file exlorer opens new window: Having trouble removing this feature. I do not want the behavior. When I click on a drive or folder in File Explorer's navigation pane a new window opens up. I would like to see the contents of a drive or folder in the right pane of the existing window and not to open it in...