Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer and Office 2016 applications "Not Implemented" error.

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer and Office 2016 applications "Not Implemented" error. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 File Explorer - If I double click to open an office file word, xls, powerpoint, or if I right click on the file and click "open with" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DianeReichlen, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer and Office 2016 applications "Not Implemented" error.

Windows 10 File Explorer - If I double click to open an office file word, xls, powerpoint, or if I right click on the file and click "open with" and select the appropriate app to open the file, I get a "Not Implemented" error message. However if I open word, xls or powerpoint and open the files through the app it works. And if I double click an office doc that is on my desktop it works. The issue is specific to File Explorer. What do I need to do to fix it?

:)

DianeReichlen, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Can't open PowerPoint 2016 files from FIle Explorer in Windows 10

Hi,

The challenge you're experiencing with opening PowerPoint files from the File
    Explorer might be due to a corrupted Windows system files. Since you already have the latest build for
    Windows 10 Version 1709, we advise repairing Office 2016 to help you resolve the issue. Repairing Office 2016 should correct the file association of your system. Kindly follow the steps from this

article
    on how to repair Office.

We'll be waiting for the results.

Devlin Sco, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer and Office 2016 applications "Not Implemented" error.

making office 2016 apps the default when I click on a file in the file brower.?

Hi Charles,

File association can be the cause of your concern when launching the specified items. To set Office 2016 as the preferred/default applications to launch the specified Office files, we'd recommend performing the following:

• In File Explorer, right-click on an Office file.
    • In the context menu, select Open with.

Windows 10 File Explorer and Office 2016 applications "Not Implemented" error. 18e24e74-bd00-4a52-aa74-ca60e358ff90?upload=true.png
    • Select Office 2016 within the list if there are multiple applications listed.
    • Tick the Always use this app to open .*** (file type).
    • Click OK.

Windows 10 File Explorer and Office 2016 applications "Not Implemented" error. 4fd782ed-374c-47a7-ad59-aabe11a004cb?upload=true.png

Note: You'll need to repeat the same procedure for all the other file types of Word (.docx, .doc), Excel (.xls, .xlt), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pps). We've just listed at least two of the many file types of each Office app. You may also visit this

article
    to know more about another approach to change default programs in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer and Office 2016 applications "Not Implemented" error.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer and Office 2016 applications "Not Implemented" error. - Similar Threads - File Explorer Office

2. Office 2016 and Windows File Explorer inverted colour issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 2016 and Windows File Explorer inverted colour issue: One of my family's laptops has started looking like this dark mode-esque colour theme that I cannot work out how to remove. It extends beyond file explorer to Office 2016 where thing's are auto-filled in black?? I have already checked the high contrast settings are off and...
  3. Office 2016 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2016 and Windows 10: Hello there! Can I load Office 2016 with Windows 10? Do I need to switch out of S Mode to do this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016-and-windows-10/1e03d580-f86b-4e75-92ab-05afe819f2ad
  4. Office 2016 - no preview of Excel documents in File Explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - no preview of Excel documents in File Explorer: Brand new laptop with freshly installed Office 2016 (Windows 10 version 1903). I cannot get Excel docs to preview in File Explorer (no problem with all other Office documents and PDFs). Looking online, I've seen that this is a relatively common problem. I've tried all the...
  5. Can't start Office 2016 applications - error 0xc0000142

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't start Office 2016 applications - error 0xc0000142: Can't start Office 2016 applications - get error 0xc0000142 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-office-2016-applications-error/aed31ee7-e4d3-4724-88f1-776ee8a8a9db
  6. File Explorer is not working in my Office Pro 2016 package.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer is not working in my Office Pro 2016 package.: File Explorer is not working in my Office Pro 2016 package. As I open it it always hangs with the message "not responding". I can open files from within each programme (Word , Excel, Adobe.....), but I cannot use file manager to move, delete and manage my work . Is there...
  7. Office 2016 - File Corrupt

Office 2016 - File Corrupt: Hi, My installation of office isn't working right from the start! if i want to open a file not made by this copy of office, it says the file is corrupt. I can open the same excel file by opening excel, in the recent page, there's open other workbooks link, i can select the...
  8. File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details: I have looked in the community, where this issue is common. I have tried every option suggested (options on folders in Explorer,task manager, command prompts as per one of the replies. but I still cannot visualise all of my files ( powerpoint, excel etc) in the folders. It...
  9. Windows 10; Office 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10; Office 2016: Suddenly the keyboard does not start up with num lock ON! Cannot find any settings relating to this. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-office-2016/ea4a6ad5-06d7-4757-88e4-ed1333e027df
  10. Error installing Office 2016

Error installing Office 2016: HELP!!! I always get an error before the installer finish its installation. In my Previous OS(Windows 7 Ultimate), Office 2016 works fine. Few weeks after Installing Windows 10, something went wrong and everytime I open Word it asks to repair it. I already tried repairing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer not implemented

2. how do you fix not implemented file in Windows Explorer