Windows 10: Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh

Discus and support Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed my taskbar icons and desktop icons were auto-refreshing, but it only happens when I have opened File Explorer. I have alot of files that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmandaThompson5, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh

I noticed my taskbar icons and desktop icons were auto-refreshing, but it only happens when I have opened File Explorer. I have alot of files that are PDF and I recently received a notification saying that due to an error, the pdf viewer reset to default. Now whenever I open File Explorer and go into a folder that contains alot of pdf files - the file icons themselves including pdf, excel, word etc. files, the taskbar icons and the desktop icons continuously refresh. I am able to use other applications fine.

:)

AmandaThompson5, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 6, 2020
  4. SerionPK Win User

Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh

File Explorer Refreshes TaskBar

I've tried your recommendation and sadly it hasn't worked.

I am using a file explorer Shortcut in my taskbar. But I can't open it with Windows Key + E Either, it just refreshes my taskbar like before.

I have added AVG and ever since I did things started to slow down and stuff got weird, like this for example. I have uninstalled it but I keep finding some leftover parts of AVG. It's not in Uninstall Programs and Features.

SerionPK, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh

1. Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh - Similar Threads - File Explorer causing

2. Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop: I've had this problem twice now, the last problem occurred around 2 months ago and now it happened again. I would assume this is caused by the updates, and it appeared again. Tried the same solution I tried last time but it didn't work this time system restore. I restored at...
  3. File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps

File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps: I have noticed a pretty weird issue in Windows 11 currently 22H2 Build 22621.2500:When I open Windows File Explorer it will cause some sort of "refresh" in the graphics subsystem. It's easy to reproduce:Open Computer Management right click windows button, computer...
  4. File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer launch causing refreshed in other apps: I have noticed a pretty weird issue in Windows 11 currently 22H2 Build 22621.2500:When I open Windows File Explorer it will cause some sort of "refresh" in the graphics subsystem. It's easy to reproduce:Open Computer Management right click windows button, computer...
  5. Windows File Explorer and Desktop isn't refreshing automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer and Desktop isn't refreshing automatically.: Ive had this issue for a couple weeks now and wanted to help others since this is really frustrating.I found the solution for it in a random youtube video comment about this topic.UNPIN ANY NETWORK FOLDER from your Explorer and it will work again. Only fix which will persist....
  6. Windows File Explorer and Desktop isn't refreshing automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer and Desktop isn't refreshing automatically.: Ive had this issue for a couple weeks now and wanted to help others since this is really frustrating.I found the solution for it in a random youtube video comment about this topic.UNPIN ANY NETWORK FOLDER from your Explorer and it will work again. Only fix which will persist....
  7. Windows File Explorer and Desktop isn't refreshing automatically.

8. Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh: Elsewhere on this site, someone asked how to get File Explorer to refresh. F5 was the answer, and the asker appeared to be satisfied.BUT, when I tried F5, nothing happened. Advice?Windows 10 Home20H2Installed 1/24/2021 by fix-it shopOS Build 19042.1526?? Pack? 120.2212.4170.0...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh: Elsewhere on this site, someone asked how to get File Explorer to refresh. F5 was the answer, and the asker appeared to be satisfied.BUT, when I tried F5, nothing happened. Advice?Windows 10 Home20H2Installed 1/24/2021 by fix-it shopOS Build 19042.1526?? Pack? 120.2212.4170.0...
  10. Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh