Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable once more

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable once more in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The problem was presented in another thread here. I have a Surface 6 with two additional displays one 24" 1920x1200, one 27" 2560x1440. When I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ToreSimonsen, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable once more

The problem was presented in another thread here.

I have a Surface 6 with two additional displays one 24" 1920x1200, one 27" 2560x1440. When I use the Surface as my main display I have the same problem with not really adjustable columns in File Explorer. But if I use one of my two secondary displays as my main display the problem disappears. I have no idea why, but maybe it could be a clue for a solution?

thanks

:)

ToreSimonsen, Apr 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable

Hello,

The issue that you're experiencing can be due to your PC settings or related to a corrupted user profile. We have tried to replicate your issue on our end and the columns in File Explorer adjusted as you preferred. Since this is not the case on your end,
    we suggest to isolate the issue by creating a new user profile. Refer to this link on

how to c
    reate a local user or administrator account in Windows 10. Once done, go to File Explorer
    and select Size all columns to fit option.

Update us on how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 5, 2020
  3. CS-65 Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable

Hi

I believe i am not the only one who wants the size of File Explorer as small as possible, as at times, I would open 2 File Explorers and drag and drop file across.

BUT File Explorer can't get any smaller than it could, exemplified by snap shot below:

The columns wont get any smaller, even though they are needed to be as large as they are.

Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable once more 96c55d61-b315-4424-877c-43e00dbee427.jpg

I have tried to adjust by the pixel, to no avail.

Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable once more c197cb45-d3c3-4727-88d7-16f17062a00c.jpg

I tried "size all to fit", won't work either.

Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable once more 4ba36dfa-44d5-481a-9452-4bd71c1cd1d2.jpg

Any suggestion please?

Thank you

CS-65, Apr 5, 2020
  4. CS-65 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable once more

Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable

Thanks Mike for replying.

However, this trick won't work on mine.

The only width adjustable in my file explorer is the "Name" column.

Is your OS Windows 10?

Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable once more ba47630c-d65a-4403-911e-7cb3773dead9?upload=true.png

CS-65, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable once more

1. Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable once more - Similar Threads - File Explorer Column

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable: NOTE: THIS ISSUE HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN SUBMITTED IN A PROMINENT THREAD, HOWEVER THE OP PREMATURELY MARKED THEIR ISSUE AS RESOLVED, AND THIS HAS SEEMINGLY GONE UNSOLVED SINCE...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable: NOTE: THIS ISSUE HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN SUBMITTED IN A PROMINENT THREAD, HOWEVER THE OP PREMATURELY MARKED THEIR ISSUE AS RESOLVED, AND THIS HAS SEEMINGLY GONE UNSOLVED SINCE...
  4. How to change the Column Width size of File Explorer in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Column Width size of File Explorer in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Windows 11 rolled out for everyone, and it has surprised me a lot, to say the least. I am a big fan of the updated, more minimalistic design. The File Explorer received a revamp as well, with a mixed color scheme in place of an all-out white interface and a sleeker...
  5. Setting default columns size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting default columns size in File Explorer: Since I have read this forum about so many people asking how to apply settings for a default column size in File Explorer, I thought I would answer it since no one here at Microsoft correctly identified it. Even though they did give you their best answer - it is rather quite...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size Cannot Adjust Smaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size Cannot Adjust Smaller: I saw a post on this from a few years ago, but no actual resolution to the issue seemingly experience by many users. The problem I'm experiencing is in Windows Explorer. I am unable to reduce the width of columns in "Details" view. I can click and drag to make them wider, but...
  7. file explorer columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae
  8. Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...: Size all columns to fit (as a default view). I thought the former question asked was a fairly straight-forward question, especially since I typed the request into Google almost verbatim so of course a) the question was, indeed, straightforward; b) from the fact that there...
  9. 1803 update - No more file details in Windows Explorer columns for mkv

in Windows 10 Support
    1803 update - No more file details in Windows Explorer columns for mkv: and e.g. frame height and width are no longer listed for almost all mkv files and some mp4 files. strangely, some few mkv files work, though most dont display properties in windows file explorer since the 1803 update. apparently this seems to be an issue looking at the...
  10. adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane: Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller than allowed by default. Is it possible? Thank you for your help [img] 56199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get help with file explorer in windows 10 display file size