Windows 10: Windows 10 file explorer copy changed ?

Discus and support Windows 10 file explorer copy changed ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] In my 18362.418 build its taking <1 second to copy a 900MB file from my m.2 nvme ssd TO a wd blue hdd 1 TB 5200RPM using the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cryovenocide, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 file explorer copy changed ?

Windows 10 file explorer copy changed ? VDmL-_jbzGV3dhG2cdWnIHyvMl7DZXNDYAZGT3Di2xg.jpg

In my 18362.418 build its taking <1 second to copy a 900MB file from my m.2 nvme ssd TO a wd blue hdd 1 TB 5200RPM using the windows explorer copier, but with teracopy it takes full 5 seconds as it should. In task manager however, firstly the hdd usage shoots to 100% then it dwindles between 30% and 2% for next 5 secs or so. This is definitely a nice feature but what if i am to shut down pc just after putting it to copy and its done according to this copier but not actually ?

EDIT: Dont refer to this pic, i wasnt directly able to get it as it was just that fast. Yes , acc to what task manager says after this window disappears its still copying as there is 30% hdd usage , otherwise it doesnt make sense for an hdd to be this fast.

https://preview.redd.it/i9zy4zw620v...bp&s=eb55a7117b0ee877c8f5f234e9fe29b18aab2060

submitted by /u/cryovenocide
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cryovenocide, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Windows 10 file explorer copy changed ?

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 file explorer copy changed ?

1. Windows 10 file explorer copy changed ? - Similar Threads - file explorer copy

2. Copy changed and new files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy changed and new files in Windows 10: Windows 10 - What is a simple way of copying updated and new files both within directories & subdirectories and those not within directories from one external drive to another external drive. The copy, then Let me decide for each file, and then in the File Conflict dialog, I...
  3. Copy changed and new files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy changed and new files in Windows 10: Windows 10 - What is a simple way of copying updated and new files both within directories & subdirectories and those not within directories from one external drive to another external drive. The copy, then Let me decide for each file, and then in the File Conflict dialog, I...
  4. Copy changed and new files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem: Instead of using CTRL +A, I used the Windows Explorer icon labeled 'Select All'. That's when problems began. Not sure if I clicked something to fix it or if the reboot did it but it's working again.The problem now is that when I drag a single file to the desktop while holding...
  6. Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem: Instead of using CTRL +A, I used the Windows Explorer icon labeled 'Select All'. That's when problems began. Not sure if I clicked something to fix it or if the reboot did it but it's working again.The problem now is that when I drag a single file to the desktop while holding...
  7. Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem

8. Copying files in File Explorer

Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  9. Copy and paste in Windows 10 file explorer resulting in corrupt copies

Copy and paste in Windows 10 file explorer resulting in corrupt copies: Hello, I encountered a very serious issue with trying to copy and paste files to a backup hard drive in Windows file explorer by using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Usually I determine whether my backups are complete and in agreement with each other by doing a casual comparison of...
  10. Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 Copy path or Copy as path will copy the full path of selected items (files and folders) wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard so you can paste the full path(s) of the item(s)...