Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer: crash on action: new - After renaming User Profile correctly

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer: crash on action: new - After renaming User Profile correctly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After watching [How to Change the Name of a User Profile Folder In Windows 10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASJTN8Sr1I from Helton's Computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BradlyFerguson, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer: crash on action: new - After renaming User Profile correctly

After watching [How to Change the Name of a User Profile Folder In Windows 10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASJTN8Sr1I from Helton's Computer Repair, I noticed some anomalous behavior on my computer. I ended up changing Path Variables, and reinstalling a few fragile programs. All has been well. Now I just notice Windows File Explorer Crashes when I RMB-Options>New. It just freezes, and then closes on a timeout which the whole computer shutters to.I tried a majority of key options in https://recoverit.wondershare.com/computer-problems/windows-explorer-keeps-crashing.html after

:)

BradlyFerguson, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer: crash on action: new - After renaming User Profile correctly

1. Windows 10 File Explorer: crash on action: new - After renaming User Profile correctly - Similar Threads - File Explorer crash

2. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User: I followed a tutorial on YouTube that showed me how to rename my Users folder name thru Registry Editor. After renaming, I restarted my PC and my computer was blank besides what was left over in my old Users profile. I copied and pasted all the files back onto my profile, but...
  3. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User: I followed a tutorial on YouTube that showed me how to rename my Users folder name thru Registry Editor. After renaming, I restarted my PC and my computer was blank besides what was left over in my old Users profile. I copied and pasted all the files back onto my profile, but...
  4. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to Rename File Explorer User Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Rename File Explorer User Name: I got a new laptop and set-up myself as an administrator using my windows profile. My name is correctly everywhere in my profile except in the Windows " Users > [user name] folder. I have no idea where this name came from and it's incredibly frustrating, since it's a typo of...
  6. User profiles and File Explorer USERS folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User profiles and File Explorer USERS folders: When I started up my new HP laptop it used my signon name to create a "myname" profile but it didn't create any files under /USERS/myname. I than created another account profile with"newname" with administrator permission as an emergency backup. That profile name was given...
  7. User Profile Rename

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Profile Rename: im currently using a windows 10 home os ( build 1809 ) and under the user folder it spelled my name wrong, i would like to know how do i rename the usesr folder? and by doing so will it affect any applications thats already installed in the device?...
  8. Rename/change User account in File Explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rename/change User account in File Explorer: [img] This is what my file explorer looks like. The only user account in the control panel is TimB. I want to get rid of or rename the defaultuser1.ASUS5 account and the trgra account. I've read various account of how to fix this, but none of them exactly fit my situation....
  9. Renaming user profile

Renaming user profile: My User Profile was created during the building of the computer by a 3rd party and now appears as C:\Users\OEM.DESKTOP-V87UE3B. How can I change this to reflect my name etc chux 120766
  10. How to rename profile in Windows Explorer

How to rename profile in Windows Explorer: I recently had a corrupted proflile/account and so I created a new one, obviously with a different name, and then deleted the corrupted one. I managed to change the name of the new profile via the Control Panel, but the original name is still present in Windows Explorer...