Windows 10: Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders

Discus and support Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders. This is frustrating because you have to add each level... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NYGEL JONES, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders

Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders. This is frustrating because you have to add each level manually making it very time-consuming. Is there a way to revert to a classic version of file explorer?

Thanks

Nygel Jones

:)

NYGEL JONES, Jul 8, 2020
  2. AddSub Win User

Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, Jul 8, 2020
  3. YoKid Win User
    Locking/Hiding Folders.

Hi,
    I'm just looking for another program that would let me hide/lock some of the folders on my computer. Of course, easy to use and doesnt effect my computer in anyway.

I am using "Folder Lock" at the moment, but it is causing some trouble with blue screens popping up randomly (the windrvNT.Sys). I did a little research and was told that I either need to uninstall Folder Lock or rename the windrvNT.sys file, but it's such a pain; so thats why I'm here looking for a better program to lock/hide my folders/files.

*Note: I'm looking for a "program", not a trick *Eek! Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders :eek: .
    Thanks in Advance~

YoKid-

YoKid, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Frogger Win User

Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders :)

Frogger, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders

1. Windows 10 File explorer does not allow collapsing folders or hiding folders and sub-folders - Similar Threads - File explorer does

2. How to collapse OneDrive folder in File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to collapse OneDrive folder in File explorer: When opening a new file explorer windows, the OneDrive folder on the left is always open. I want it to be collapsed by default. Is there a way to do it? It blocks my Quick Access folders. I hate it....
  3. How to collapse OneDrive folder in File explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to collapse OneDrive folder in File explorer: When opening a new file explorer windows, the OneDrive folder on the left is always open. I want it to be collapsed by default. Is there a way to do it? It blocks my Quick Access folders. I hate it....
  4. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  5. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  6. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer?: Is there a way to assign the "system" flag to a folder in File Explorer (=through GUI)? The only way I found so far is a command line command attrib +s D:\mysysfld\ After having assigned this flag the folder is still shown in File Explorer although I enabled "Hide system...
  8. Moving files to a sub-folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files to a sub-folder: When I try to move a file from a folder to a sub-folder, it puts the file in the sub-folder, but remains in the original folder also. I've gone to Windows Explorer > View > Options > View > Folders > and reset the folder options to default but that does nothing. This must...
  9. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  10. Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer: Hello, In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In the main folder properties I customize it what columns I want to see, then I click to set the same to all subfolders, click...