Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't recognize Hard Drives formatted under Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't recognize Hard Drives formatted under Windows 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer running Windows 7 Pro died. The 2 1TB hard drives are fine. I've installed them on a new computer running Windows 10. The device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JetBoy74, Oct 10, 2019.

1. JetBoy74 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't recognize Hard Drives formatted under Windows 7

My computer running Windows 7 Pro died. The 2 1TB hard drives are fine. I've installed them on a new computer running Windows 10. The device manager sees them and says they are working fine. How do I get them to show up in File Explorer so I can access the data on them?

:)

JetBoy74, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Hitman Win User
    Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't recognize Hard Drives formatted under Windows 7

How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't recognize Hard Drives formatted under Windows 7 - Similar Threads - File Explorer doesn't

2. Windows Settings Not File Explorer doesn't recognize secondary D: Drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings Not File Explorer doesn't recognize secondary D: Drive.: So, my main reason for trying to get settings to recognize it is because I want to download a game on the Microsoft store to my secondary games drive. However, in the windows store and the windows settings, it only recognizes the C: drive and A: drive. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]How...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't recognize subst drive letters in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize subst drive letters in Explorer: Subst seems to be broken in Windows 10. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.421 When using subst to create a new drive letter, the new drive is available in the command prompt, but the drive letter does not show up in Explorer, even when I run the subst from an elevated...
  4. Windows doesn't recognize hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesn't recognize hard drive: My computer is somewhat old, but works well,Dell optiplex 755. It was purchased refurbished and works fine.It originally was an XP machine that the seller installed Win7 on. Some time ago I upgraded to Win10 and all was well until an update came along which said there...
  5. New windows 10 upgrade doesn't recognize 3rd hard drive formated under windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New windows 10 upgrade doesn't recognize 3rd hard drive formated under windows 7: I have hard drive bay for a backup hard drive so the drive is easily removable and transportable. Since a recent windows 10 upgrade this 4 terabyte hard drive isn't recognized using the bay (which has no electronics). I can put the same had drive into a "hard drive enclosure"...
  6. File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive

File Explorer Doesn't Automatically Recognize DVD Drive: I just purchased a HP290-p0043w. Everything seems to be working fine except for an annoyance with Windows File Explorer. If I put a DVD into the DVD Writer, I hear sounds like the PC is reading the DVD. However, in the File Explorer window, the Navigation Pane does not...
  7. Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer

Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer: [ATTACH]My 1 TB hard drive doesn't show up in the file explorer despite me being able to see it in device manager and the defragmenter software in windows 10. I don't want to format my hard drive because it has alot of my personal files and i don't have another computer to...
  8. Formatting Hard drive in Windows 10

Formatting Hard drive in Windows 10: If I want to make a bootable hard drive for Windows 10 in the NTFS file system with no partitions do I have to do it in the GPT format?...
  9. Windows Explore not recognizing External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Explore not recognizing External Hard Drive: So my old computer broke a while back. I've successfully accessed this hard drive before on both of my other computers (Surface 3 and hp pavilion). Today I wanted to see if I had anymore data left that I wanted to move from the drive. I use a sata drive adapter (same one I've...
  10. Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive

Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive: So, I know that this isn't a specific Windows error, but I'm really troubled right now. Basically, my baby brother hit my computer really hard, and everytime I turned it on, it went in a loop. I tried reinstalling Win 10 via USB Stick, but when I got to the Disk partition...