Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer Eject

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer Eject in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I select "Eject" in the drive tools menu of File Explorer I do not receive the safe to remove message. The message at one time would display but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CBAshley13, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer Eject

When I select "Eject" in the drive tools menu of File Explorer I do not receive the safe to remove message. The message at one time would display but stopped working after an update as usual.

:)

CBAshley13, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2021
  3. eject device in file explorer shuts down file explorer

No error messages.

I've always experienced this File Explorer shut down in this particular situation since I got the computer a couple of years ago, thus I haven't made any changes since the issue started.

I haven't done anything that could be called troubleshooting, I've only searched for settings which might be changed from the default to remedy the situation. Since I didn't find any settings changes that fit the situation, I didn't change anything.

I've always had an antivirus utility running on this computer (Webroot Secure Anywhere), in addition to what is built in with Win 10.

It just seems like default behavior for File Explorer. When I right-click on the Flash drive or SD card device on the listing, and select Eject, it does eject the device, and I am informed that it is safe to remove device, but then File Explorer closes.
    No error messages, no indication that this is anything but normal behavior.

WylieShambles, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Eject

eject device in file explorer shuts down file explorer

Hi Wylie,

The File Explorer crashing issue that you are experiencing when you're ejecting devices from your computer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, a possible threat on your computer, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the
    following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Just to be sure, are you getting any error messages?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer Eject

1. Windows 10 File Explorer Eject - Similar Threads - File Explorer Eject

2. Force eject and normal eject not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Force eject and normal eject not working Windows 10: Today I placed a DVD in my DVD player and it wont eject i tried almost everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/force-eject-and-normal-eject-not-working-windows/2104158c-fbec-47ca-8c7c-6690aca7e48e
  3. Force eject and normal eject not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force eject and normal eject not working Windows 10: Today I placed a DVD in my DVD player and it wont eject i tried almost everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/force-eject-and-normal-eject-not-working-windows/2104158c-fbec-47ca-8c7c-6690aca7e48e
  4. Force eject and normal eject not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Are my usb files corrupted if file explorer froze after ejecting it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are my usb files corrupted if file explorer froze after ejecting it?: So I copied some files to my usb and after clicking eject and going to my computer file explorer froze. I did get a message that the USB can be safely removed before that happened and after trying again to see if I had the same issue i could go to my computer yet the usb icon...
  6. Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting

Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting: See this screenshot, I've ejected my PenDrive but still it is appearing there. It didn't used to happen like this before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-still-appears-on-file-explorer-even-after/4834fc88-5c0f-4afc-8b19-7393f247651c
  7. Windows Explorer specifically file explorer Crashing when Attempting to Eject a USB Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Explorer specifically file explorer Crashing when Attempting to Eject a USB Drive: Hello, I was encountering a strange problem where I was in File Explorer trying to eject a plugged in USB device. I tried to right click the device, and it stopped responding and crashed. After it started doing this every single time, I realized there was a bit of a...
  8. Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer

Eject SSD drive efficiently from file explorer: What do you think if Microsoft next OS update in file explorer, user could right click on "drive alphabet" to eject SSD safely via pop up menu efficiently?...
  9. Explorer Folder/File Handle Leak? (USB Eject)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Folder/File Handle Leak? (USB Eject): I am experiencing a problem regarding ejecting USB devices that may indicate a more fundamental issue with Windows/Explorer within Windows 10. In the last one to two weeks (possible updates?) it has become increasingly difficult to eject USB devices. Process Explorer...
  10. Windows 10 ejects DVD & opens explorer windows, says insert disc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 ejects DVD & opens explorer windows, says insert disc?: One of my computers is currently running Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 build 10586.71 and I've recently been having a very strange problem: Despite the fact that all my autoplay options for DVD's and Blu-ray's are set to "Do nothing" almost every time I insert a DVD or Blu-ray...