Windows 10: Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing

Discus and support Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open a file in File Explorer and then close it, after the close File Explorer does not return to File Explorer, but to some other app I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ron T____n, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing

When I open a file in File Explorer and then close it, after the close File Explorer does not return to File Explorer, but to some other app I have open. How can I set this to return to FE upon file close.

:)

Ron T____n, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 6, 2019
  4. geno368 Win User

Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing

1. Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing - Similar Threads - File Explorer file

2. File explorer taking forever to open/close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer taking forever to open/close: Whenever I have a game open my file explorer and task manager take ages to load. When I close it, it goes back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-taking-forever-to-openclose/4ea0c062-5983-4ae8-b4db-a84ff5f99854
  3. File explorer taking forever to open/close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer taking forever to open/close: Whenever I have a game open my file explorer and task manager take ages to load. When I close it, it goes back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-taking-forever-to-openclose/4ea0c062-5983-4ae8-b4db-a84ff5f99854
  4. Open File and Close Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open File and Close Explorer: Is there something like a context menu option to open a selected file and close File Explorer Windows Explorer at the same time? Sometimes I know that I have no further need for Explorer after selecting a file.Thanks!...
  5. Open File and Close Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open File and Close Explorer: Is there something like a context menu option to open a selected file and close File Explorer Windows Explorer at the same time? Sometimes I know that I have no further need for Explorer after selecting a file.Thanks!...
  6. Windows 10 opening Control Panel closes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 opening Control Panel closes File Explorer: On my Surface Pro 4, if I have File Explorer open and then open Control Panel via a search from the Start menu, File Explorer will close and Control Panel will open at the same location and windows size as the File Explorer which was closed. If I open Control Panel first,...
  7. file explorer/window explorer closes by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer/window explorer closes by itself: I always use file explorer (used to be windows explorer). Anyhow, after opening the file explorer, it closes by itself after 30 minutes or so. Any solution of disabling it? I have Windows 10 Pro....
  8. Close File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Close File Explorer Window: Using Taskkill to close File Explorer ends some programs running in System Tray, because it closes the Desktop, while Ccleaner can close it without ending any programs, how can this be done with a batch file? 130259
  9. Closing open Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Closing open Files: I have been a Works 4.5 user for many years. Because of problems with new Canon Printer I was advised to upgrade to Works 9. It is loaded. I have been working with it simi-succesfully. But now when I click Task Launcher and chose the database program I get a message that I...
  10. Windows 10 JScript Text File Open/Close -- File not really closed!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 JScript Text File Open/Close -- File not really closed!: This is a flaw in Win-10. Explanation follows. I write a lot of programs in JScript. (This has nothing to do with web development, I'm using JScript as a scripting language.) I have a certain function I use a lot, called "log( )". You give it a string, and it copies the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer closing randmoing closing