Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft...

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I interact with certain Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. files File Explorer freezes and enters a state of Not Responding. Even if I only click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TrevorMarlin1, May 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft...

When I interact with certain Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. files File Explorer freezes and enters a state of Not Responding. Even if I only click on the files once to select, not even opening. I am able to open the files without any problem directly from the respective app such as in the Recent Files list or File>Open, but when done through File Explorer they cause it to freeze. No other file types cause this problem.

Some Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files do open, usually ones which haven't been edited in 4 or more years though, but not ones which are more recent than that. I have cleared the history of file explorer, repaired and restarted my Office apps, tried Event Viewer, and run disk optimization from my McAphee app. Nothing is working.

:)

TrevorMarlin1, May 22, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2019
  4. wren9x Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft...

Windows 10 file explorer not responding

following ALL of the above steps did nothing. explorer.exe still broken.

additional steps taken:

1x system refresh, explorer still dead

1x clean boot, explorer still dead

3x sfc /scannow, rebooted in between, explorer still dead

1x restore point, all programs uninstalled, explorer worked for 4 hours, then died.

1x reset, explorer still never opened

1x reverted back to 8.1, explorer woked, autoupdated to 10, explorer died

1x COMPLETE WIPE, reinstalled 8.1, autoupdated to 10, explorer died.

wiping again. reeinstalling 8.1. turning off updates for good.

amazing this CRITICAL issue exists at all.

wren9x, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft...

1. Windows 10 File Explorer freezes and is (Not Responding) when I interact with Microsoft... - Similar Threads - File Explorer freezes

2. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it: Specifically, the operation gets stuck when I try to move it to another folder, it does nothing when I try to delete it, freezes the window when I try to delete it, and fails to open. What do I do?...
  3. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it: Specifically, the operation gets stuck when I try to move it to another folder, it does nothing when I try to delete it, freezes the window when I try to delete it, and fails to open. What do I do?...
  4. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer Crashing when Interacting with Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Crashing when Interacting with Files: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day.I was interacting with a .mp4 file, and decided to scan it with Malwarebytes.Due to this, explorer restarted due to some issue which I don't know why.This has happened twice and before I installed a .exe that was malware but didn't run...
  6. Explorer Crashing when Interacting with Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Crashing when Interacting with Files: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day.I was interacting with a .mp4 file, and decided to scan it with Malwarebytes.Due to this, explorer restarted due to some issue which I don't know why.This has happened twice and before I installed a .exe that was malware but didn't run...
  7. Windows 10 File explorer is not responding freezes when offline

Windows 10 File explorer is not responding freezes when offline: Hi,We are using Dell EMC unity 300 NAS device, once we MAP SMB shares to window 7 PC it will work fine even office network OR offline and same shares if i map in windows10 PC in office LAN network PC will perform well, once i disconnect from office network file explorer is...
  8. Files explorer not responding when i interact with files

Files explorer not responding when i interact with files: I was downloading files for work as usual, went to extract the zip file but the second i clicked on it the entire files explorer just stops responding and hits me with the blue circle. It takes far too long and i end the task with task manager. After that my whole desktop...
  9. Explorer.exe Not responding when interacting with files

Explorer.exe Not responding when interacting with files: So I recently enountered this problem that when I try to drag, open or even delete file explorer just freeze it's self and now I can't access my files because of this problem...
  10. Windows randomly flash not responding when interacting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly flash not responding when interacting: Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 and I have been loving it. But today, most windows have begun to flash not responding when I interact with them (ie clicking, typing). This doesn't happen all the time but enough to interrupt my work. If you need any files or anything,...