Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer Frequent Places Corrupt After Deleting AutomaticDestinations-ms &...

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer Frequent Places Corrupt After Deleting AutomaticDestinations-ms &... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Home Edition. After deleting jump list AutomaticDestinations-ms & CustomDestinations-ms files under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimonPyraeus, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer Frequent Places Corrupt After Deleting AutomaticDestinations-ms &...

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Home Edition.

After deleting jump list AutomaticDestinations-ms & CustomDestinations-ms files under %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent, I noticed that the default pinned locations under File Explorer contains a corrupt entry.

Normally, there are only four default locations under frequent places: 1. Desktop, 2. Documents, 3. Downloads, 4. Pictures.

However, for me, I got a fifth pinned location: {018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}, which i discovered is the registry key for OneDrive. I completely uninstalled OneDrive when I first got this computer. When I clicked on the pinned location, I received error message: cannot find application to open file.

I tried sfc /scannow and DISM, no help. I can unpin this item, which makes it disappear. But it comes back every time I delete AutomaticDestinations-ms & CustomDestinations-ms.

Therefore, my question is how to remove corrupt items from the default jump list?

Thank you so much!

:)

TimonPyraeus, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Windows 8.1 file explorer delete history/ frequent places list, will not function to delete.

Every time I try to delete Windows file explorer's history & frequent places list, the list just "pops" right back up to stay cluttered.

I have to use the (choose location) of move or copy files, when the list is full of prior places.

lee vernon, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Frequent Places Corrupt After Deleting AutomaticDestinations-ms &...

File Explorer frequent items corrupt in Windows 10

Sorry, your original post said Frequent files -- you mean
    Frequent folders
    , right?

If so, copy & paste this path into the Address bar of File Explorer and delete the items there.

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer Frequent Places Corrupt After Deleting AutomaticDestinations-ms &...

1. Windows 10 File Explorer Frequent Places Corrupt After Deleting AutomaticDestinations-ms &... - Similar Threads - File Explorer Frequent

2. Duplicate menu on File Explorer after In-Place Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate menu on File Explorer after In-Place Upgrade: So, I just did an In-Place Upgrade to fix the Windows Security problem, but after the In-Place Upgrade the menu in File Explorer got duplicated as shown in this captureAnyone know how to fix this problem?...
  3. Duplicate menu on File Explorer after In-Place Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate menu on File Explorer after In-Place Upgrade: So, I just did an In-Place Upgrade to fix the Windows Security problem, but after the In-Place Upgrade the menu in File Explorer got duplicated as shown in this captureAnyone know how to fix this problem?...
  4. \Recent\AutomaticDestinations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    \Recent\AutomaticDestinations: Diesen Ordner finde ich nicht, ich bekomme Fehlermeldung "der Parameter ist falsch" im Schnellzugriff anheften https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recentautomaticdestinations/59448e63-e5cf-400f-b5b7-14cc5f2ebe1e
  5. \Recent\AutomaticDestinations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    \Recent\AutomaticDestinations: Diesen Ordner finde ich nicht, ich bekomme Fehlermeldung "der Parameter ist falsch" im Schnellzugriff anheften https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recentautomaticdestinations/59448e63-e5cf-400f-b5b7-14cc5f2ebe1e
  6. \Recent\AutomaticDestinations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Deleting corrupted files

Deleting corrupted files: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  8. Privacy issue with File Explorer in Frequent Places

Privacy issue with File Explorer in Frequent Places: Dear all, How to remove the file list from Frequent places when you click on the File Tab in File Explorer in Windows 10 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-issue-with-file-explorer-in-frequent/2838078c-b0c7-4012-886c-f0947c6fa362
  9. Cannot delete .automaticDestination file / Ghost File.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot delete .automaticDestination file / Ghost File.: Hello, as the title says I cannot delete the .automaticDestination file in: '%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations' More specifically it's about file: 'f01b4d95cf55d32a'. This file contains shortcuts as seen in 'quick access' and 'frequent places'....
  10. MS window 10 restarts frequently

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS window 10 restarts frequently: sir, We have recently purchased systems with window 10 pro (64 bit) RAM 4GB. Right from the purchase of this system with windows pro 10, we are facing lot of problem. Systems restarts frequently with blue screen error message PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA llio.sys". Its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automaticdestinations windows 10

2. *.automaticdestinations-ms windows 10

3. automaticdestinations-ms windows 10

4. why deleteting contents of the Automaticdestinations folder fixs file explorer,
  5. automaticDestinations-ms error,
  6. automaticdestinations-ms in Windows 10,
  7. windows 10 automatic destinations wont delete,
  8. .automaticdestinations-ms WIN 10,
  9. windows\recent\automaticdestinations rebuild from where,
  10. automaticdestinations customdestinations windows 10,
  11. location of automaticdestinations ms file,
  12. automatic destinations win 10,
  13. automaticdestinations-ms makes explorer lock up,
  14. wwindows 10 explorer problem automatic destinations