Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer Highlight glitch

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer Highlight glitch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I try to select multiple files in File Explorer and scroll down while selecting my file explorer keeps highlighting for about 30 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShahmeerDurrani, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer Highlight glitch

Every time I try to select multiple files in File Explorer and scroll down while selecting my file explorer keeps highlighting for about 30 seconds even when I've let go of my mouse. I've tried multiple mice and don't face this problem anywhere expect File Explorer.

:)

ShahmeerDurrani, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't highlight selected file(s) or folder(s)

Fix: File Explorer Won't Highlight Files in Windows 10 - Appuals.com

In the above post Method 2: Restart File Explorer from Task Manager worked for me.

• Press “Windows + X” Keys and then choose “Task Manager” from the list.
    • Under “Apps”, find “Windows Explorer”.
    • Right click on it and select “Restart”.

Nasir Abbas, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Highlight glitch

I cannot highlight files in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur with any specific files in the File explorer?

2) Does this issue occur n any specific drive?

3) Does this issue occur on Files on Desktop?

As a work around, I suggest you to highlight the files of the desktop(if any) and check.

I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.

• Press Shift + restart
      before the Windows logo appears.

• Click See Advanced Repair Options.

• Click Troubleshoot.

• Click Advanced Options.

• Click Windows Startup Settings.

• Click Restart.

• You then see a list where you can choose
      Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

I also suggest you to run system file checker scan and check the issue.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).

• At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer Highlight glitch

1. Windows 10 File Explorer Highlight glitch - Similar Threads - File Explorer Highlight

2. File explorer glitchs win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer glitchs win 10: Hi. I restarted the computer, and it happened again. When I go to the desktop and try to open a program through the desktop, I can open it by clicking double times on the programstandard way, but I wanted to refresh and right-click on an empty area, and it started loading....
  3. File explorer glitchs win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer glitchs win 10: Hi. I restarted the computer, and it happened again. When I go to the desktop and try to open a program through the desktop, I can open it by clicking double times on the programstandard way, but I wanted to refresh and right-click on an empty area, and it started loading....
  4. File explorer glitchs win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 file explorer UI is glitched

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer UI is glitched: Every time I open the file explorer, I see this...I don't know the reason this happens and what is changed in a monthwhen everything worked well neither. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance....
  6. File Explorer Glitch!

File Explorer Glitch!: When will the issue be fixed with File Explorer that prevents me from selecting Multiple files to be moved? It is extremely frustrating, and time consuming. I would like to believe that this was not done intentionally, such a move sets this application back more then 10...
  7. Glitches in File Explorer

Glitches in File Explorer: Hi , I am up to date with the updates of windows 10 and I am using it in dark mode ,In file explorer when I tried to expand one of the title in the left pane eg: Local Disk E by clicking on the arrow it expands and shows the sub folders and when I clicked again to contract,...
  8. File Explorer Glitching

File Explorer Glitching: This has been going on for quite a while, but I'm finally frustrated enough to look for a solution. I'm trying to go through and delete files that I no longer need. Every time I scroll through the files on File Explorer, it keeps snapping back to an earlier file, making it...
  9. File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file

File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file: Hi, contrarily to older versions, windows 10 explorer does not highlight pasted files. When I copy Paste a file in a specific location, or I drag and drop in a window, the focus remain as is and the new location/window will not change focus/highlight the pasted file. so...
  10. File Explorer Border Glitch

File Explorer Border Glitch: Hi When in dark mode, opening two File Explorer windows side by side (Windows key + < and Windows key + >) results in a glitch in the window border (please see attached screenshot). This only happens in dark mode. It actually looks like the windows aren't fully expanding...