Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer in Edge - jumping to Parent Directory when closing file

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer in Edge - jumping to Parent Directory when closing file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - having an issue in Windows 10 - have created multiple sub-folders and have a single Excel file placed in each - when working on the file, on some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Larry Kirk, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer in Edge - jumping to Parent Directory when closing file

Hi - having an issue in Windows 10 - have created multiple sub-folders and have a single Excel file placed in each - when working on the file, on some occasions when exiting file explorer jumps "up" a level to the parent directory - this is also causing some file management issues when saving the file in Excel, as the file seems to be "lost" temporarily may be the .tmp file ?, and hence saving can be inconsistent. There are specific permissions set on the files in question for individual users but this should not affect the processing. We did not have the issue in Windows 7, but recently upgraded to Windows 10, and using Edge, so thinking there may be an issue already noted for this ? Any help would be very much appreciated as this is a big problem for us

:)

Larry Kirk, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2020
  3. File Explorer Jump List

Hi, New PC Win 10 installed been working fine for about a year. All of a sudden, could have been after an update, and whilst all other jump lists are fine, the File Explorer jump list won't let me open an item by left clicking on it. To open an file
    from the File Explorer Jump List I have to right click to open the jump list then right click again to open the mini menu and then I can left click the word Open. This is so annoying when you're used to just left clicking the file once the jump list is open.
    Any ideas anyone apart from restore. thanks.

JohnBarrieUnsworth, Jun 19, 2020
  4. MiltNK Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer in Edge - jumping to Parent Directory when closing file

File Explorer jump list not working

It appears that the File Explorer jump list only lists 12 items. How do we get it to list more than 12?

MiltNK, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer in Edge - jumping to Parent Directory when closing file

1. Windows 10 File Explorer in Edge - jumping to Parent Directory when closing file - Similar Threads - File Explorer Edge

2. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10: As has happened on occasions in the past, in Windows 10 the File Explorer is jumping on its own from however far down I might be looking to the top as sorted of a folder.I have tried a fix suggested in the past selecting "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in File...
  3. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10: As has happened on occasions in the past, in Windows 10 the File Explorer is jumping on its own from however far down I might be looking to the top as sorted of a folder.I have tried a fix suggested in the past selecting "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in File...
  4. File Explorer and file search keep freezing. Edge running when closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer and file search keep freezing. Edge running when closed: I work on files most of my computer time. Because they are either embroidery files or graphics, I need to use large icons to know what I'm working with. I do what I know to keep extraneous files from accumulating.I empty my recycle bin regularlyI run Disk Cleanup frequently...
  5. File Explorer and file search keep freezing. Edge running when closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer and file search keep freezing. Edge running when closed: I work on files most of my computer time. Because they are either embroidery files or graphics, I need to use large icons to know what I'm working with. I do what I know to keep extraneous files from accumulating.I empty my recycle bin regularlyI run Disk Cleanup frequently...
  6. File Open/File Save: Jumping From Selected Directories

File Open/File Save: Jumping From Selected Directories: The left-hand pane of the File Open and File Save dialogs "jump" from the folder I have scrolled to back to the same folders that were shown when I opened the dialog. This occurs within a few seconds of clicking "open" or "save." I checked this community for solutions and...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files

Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files: This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter what I want to look at, it quickly jumps back to the top of the list. I know this is not a new problem my search shows a...
  8. Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing

Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing: When I open a file in File Explorer and then close it, after the close File Explorer does not return to File Explorer, but to some other app I have open. How can I set this to return to FE upon file close....
  9. Close File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Close File Explorer Window: Using Taskkill to close File Explorer ends some programs running in System Tray, because it closes the Desktop, while Ccleaner can close it without ending any programs, how can this be done with a batch file? 130259
  10. File Explorer closes when searching for a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer closes when searching for a file: In File Explorer, when I type an entry into the Search box, it momentarily shows results then File Explorer closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-closes-when-searching-for-a-file/2be6c0d9-16bb-479c-93ec-7f16e189223a