Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer is not reacting quick enough

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer is not reacting quick enough in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to move a file or copy a file to another folder, it would take about five minutes or longer to move or copy that item to a different folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mikayla Williams, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer is not reacting quick enough

When I try to move a file or copy a file to another folder, it would take about five minutes or longer to move or copy that item to a different folder. This mostly happens when I move application folders to my Program Files folder, even when I have administrator rights. When it shows the process bar for the moving item, the window would become not responsive and then it would restart my desktop. There were times when I would have to restart my entire computer in order to move an item to a specific folder.

:)

Mikayla Williams, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer is not reacting quick enough

File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer is not reacting quick enough

1. Windows 10 File Explorer is not reacting quick enough - Similar Threads - File Explorer reacting

2. no quick access in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no quick access in my file explorer: there is no quick access on left side https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-quick-access-in-my-file-explorer/4e3be6da-128a-4d77-8fd0-c3b974eaca78
  3. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  4. File Explorer Quick Access

File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...
  5. File explorer and quick access query

File explorer and quick access query: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user with all updates up-to-date. Recently, my File explorer icons look like a page with the corner turned over - no normal file image and at the same time the quick access search never finishes?...
  6. Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting: Hello there, A few days ago I installed Nov2019-update for Win10, and after that in Windows Explorer search stopped working. When I search for things from Start panel - all works fine, but when I open some folder and try to put the cursor to the top-right field in order...
  7. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  8. Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10 Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with recent files. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for Quick Access...
  9. Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Quick Access/ file exploring hanging up: We had an issue using file explorer and quick access in Windows 10: the never-ending "working on it" message whenever we tried to access our files. The system never even got to the state where we could use the options menu to disable Quick Access... We ran McAfee Virus...
  10. Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10 Set File Explorer to Open to This PC or Quick access by Default in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, File Explorer opens to Quick access by default which shows your Frequent folders and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an app caused a problem with the default app settings for .htm files