Windows 10: Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own...

Discus and support Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; File Explorer started opening on its own. It will be there when I 'wake up' the PC then randomly open a few times during the day. The last update was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cooper-CountyTea Party, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own...

File Explorer started opening on its own. It will be there when I 'wake up' the PC then randomly open a few times during the day. The last update was 11/15/18 which is about when this started. Are others experiencing this? Solutions?

:)

Cooper-CountyTea Party, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    File explorer will not open on windows 10

As a workaround, we suggest that you follow these steps to access windows explorer using the
    Run dialog box. By doing this, we may identify if you can navigate Windows through this method. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
    • Type explorer and press Enter.

In case your system will allow you to navigate through this process, we recommend that you continue performing the in-place upgrade procedure.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Sher Amo, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own...

File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own...

1. Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own... - Similar Threads - File Explorer opening

2. File explorer settings change on their own.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer settings change on their own.: If I set a specific folder to sort by date modified, it remains that way, unless I open a subfolder, then it resets to sort by name on return. Why does Windows no longer support individual locked settings for folders anymore? I know XP and 7 supported this, and you could set...
  3. File explorer settings change on their own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer settings change on their own.: If I set a specific folder to sort by date modified, it remains that way, unless I open a subfolder, then it resets to sort by name on return. Why does Windows no longer support individual locked settings for folders anymore? I know XP and 7 supported this, and you could set...
  4. File explorer settings change on their own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?: My hard drive crashed and I'm starting over with a new installation of everything. What I noticed is that when I'm in Windows 10 File Explorer and right-click on a folder or drive Quick Access and This PC behave the same and click "Open in new window", Windows Explorer opens...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?: My hard drive crashed and I'm starting over with a new installation of everything. What I noticed is that when I'm in Windows 10 File Explorer and right-click on a folder or drive Quick Access and This PC behave the same and click "Open in new window", Windows Explorer opens...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer opens Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Tagging your own files in Windows Explorer

Tagging your own files in Windows Explorer: Windows 10 - When using Explorer, I can add columns to the view and some will say Category, Flag Color, Tags, etc. But there is no obvious way to mark these to facilitate searching and sorting. For example, Using Flag Color - Can I assign colors for files of different...
  9. Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing

Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing: When I open a file in File Explorer and then close it, after the close File Explorer does not return to File Explorer, but to some other app I have open. How can I set this to return to FE upon file close....
  10. File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup: I recently installed the November update on my computer and now the File Explorer runs at every start up. How can I go disable this and go back to normal? 34511

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer opens on its own

2. Open a new Explorer window. Click View in the ribbon. Click Options. Under General next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.” Click OK

3. file explorer opens on its own in windows 10

4. explorer opens on its own,
  5. windows file explorer opens on its own,
  6. why would file explorer open on its own,
  7. laptop file explorer opening on its own,
  8. after shut down excel opens on its own,
  9. file explorer opens onits own win 10,
  10. windows explorer opening on is own,
  11. file explorer openson its own,
  12. windos file explorer opens on its own