Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer - Missing Icons and Greyed Out Delete

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer - Missing Icons and Greyed Out Delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason File Explorer frequently stops showing the icon for the individual files and the Delete button is greyed out and not functional. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by G.C. Seibert, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer - Missing Icons and Greyed Out Delete

For some reason File Explorer frequently stops showing the icon for the individual files and the Delete button is greyed out and not functional. I can still delete a file by selecting it and hitting the delete button on my keyboard, but all of the file operation functionality is gone from the File Explorer window. See the screenshot below showing the greyed out buttons and the missing icons for the PDF files. The only fix for this I've found so far is to reboot the machine, which is not reasonable.

Windows 10 File Explorer - Missing Icons and Greyed Out Delete 0341b1b5-955f-4e9f-9504-2b3e8f771219?upload=true.png

:)

G.C. Seibert, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Power Icon Missing: System Icon Greyed out - Windows 10

Hi Katrina,

The system icon may have encountered a corruption that caused this issue. For us to help you with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Can you please tell us some troubleshooting steps that you've performed while fixing the blue screen issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the registry or bios?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far for this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try to restart the Windows Explorer process to refresh the taskbar icons. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, look for the Windows Explorer process and select it.
    • Click the Restart button at the bottom right corner of the Task Manager window.
    • After the Windows Explorer process has been restarted, check the notification area on the taskbar and see if the battery icon is visible.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer - Missing Icons and Greyed Out Delete

Cannot delete the device as the delete button is greyed out.

Original Title: Windows 10 File Explorer

I File Explorer under 'Network' I have old device listed that is no longer used but there seems no way to delete it.

Click 'Network' icon is there but delete button is greyed out.

How do I get rid of this device please?

AlanEdgecock, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer - Missing Icons and Greyed Out Delete

1. Windows 10 File Explorer - Missing Icons and Greyed Out Delete - Similar Threads - File Explorer Missing

2. Files Explorer icons at top of screen all greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Explorer icons at top of screen all greyed out: All the icons at the top of my screen on my files explore are greyed out; I didn't do anything to make them greyed. Nothing works if I try and press them. delete doesn't work, creating a new folder doesn't work, nothing works. The options to delete things and rename files,...
  3. Files Explorer icons at top of screen all greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Explorer icons at top of screen all greyed out: All the icons at the top of my screen on my files explore are greyed out; I didn't do anything to make them greyed. Nothing works if I try and press them. delete doesn't work, creating a new folder doesn't work, nothing works. The options to delete things and rename files,...
  4. Files Explorer icons at top of screen all greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.: After the Windows update last week all sorts of strange things have started happening - but I accidentally named some files incorrectly so I went into File Explorer, right clicked to choose 'rename' but that option wasn't available. So I opened the files and saved them with...
  6. File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.: After the Windows update last week all sorts of strange things have started happening - but I accidentally named some files incorrectly so I went into File Explorer, right clicked to choose 'rename' but that option wasn't available. So I opened the files and saved them with...
  7. File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Grey Icon On Files In File Explorer

Grey Icon On Files In File Explorer: There is this weird grey icon that is on EVERY single file besides two of them. The other two have blue arrows on them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-icon-on-files-in-file-explorer/fe94ef44-c831-4520-898e-7eee6295cf74
  9. Power Icon Missing: System Icon Greyed out - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Icon Missing: System Icon Greyed out - Windows 10: I recently updated my computer, and then had to fix some issues with it blue screening. Now my power Icon is missing and I can't turn it back on because it is greyed out. I really need it back, does anyone know how to fix this? and I am unable to find Windows Explorer...
  10. Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out): Hi Have tried fixes as described in other posts. Tried enable_network_notification reg bat file. Task bar system icons for network and power are greyed out. Internet working fine but says no connection... IPv4 & 6 not connected. ( ethernet connection) Seems to be since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. file explorer ribbon greyed out

3. missing icons greyed out win 10

4. delete button on windows explorer grey,
  5. why is delete greyed out on a file in file explorer,
  6. problems with file explorer greyedout home tab files only view,
  7. the delete button has greyed out in file explorer,
  8. windows 10 icons in file explorer missing,
  9. delete option on file explorer is greyed out windows 10,
  10. why is delete button greyed out in windows file explorer