Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a few days, File Explorer stops automatically refreshing. Operations like: Adding or renaming a file Deleting a file Adding a folder Moving a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Whimsical Seaplane, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh

After a few days, File Explorer stops automatically refreshing. Operations like:

• Adding or renaming a file
    • Deleting a file
    • Adding a folder
    • Moving a file/folder
    • etc.

complete successfully, but nothing happens visually until I manually press F5.

Some of you may realize that this question has been asked several times before, like this one nine years ago. I've tried every single resolution step I can find that's been suggested. The problem always returns.

I think it's time someone from Microsoft answers this question properly. Why does a well documented bug like this go this long without a fix? Can you provide a solution that works and hasn't been blindly copied and pasted multiple times?

:)

Whimsical Seaplane, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Paddy Win User
    Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.

Same in the safe mode, no changes...

I have tried pretty much all those suggestions from various sites, but none of them worked for me.
    What I have seems to be a major issue, they even call it WEDR bug.
    The only thing that slightly changed recently... sometimes, a few times I managed to get automatic refresh for the Desktop, if I for example do the right click and create a new folder, it does create instantly and is visible straight away.... hoewever this never happens in Windows Explorer... I think I once got a file in C: to be processed automatically but thats it... and never had ANY automatic refresh for any of the folders and files on external drives.

Paddy, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh

Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

Masterchef,

I have had this problem and so have lots of other people. None of the suggested solutions I found on the internet had anything other than a temporary effect. The problem eventually went away of its own accord but still rears its ugly head from time to time. I only kept a few links on the subject -
    Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically in Windows
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself - Microsoft Community
    windows file list does not auto refresh-update - Microsoft Answers [Windows 7]
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh when moving-deleting - TechNet [Windows 7]

When the problem reappears, I restart the computer. If that does not resolve matters then I accept the situation and don't waste my time chasing non-solutions. You might wish to consider adopting the same approach.

All the best,
    Denis

Try3, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh

1. Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh - Similar Threads - File Explorer Automatic

2. Windows File Explorer and Desktop isn't refreshing automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer and Desktop isn't refreshing automatically.: Ive had this issue for a couple weeks now and wanted to help others since this is really frustrating.I found the solution for it in a random youtube video comment about this topic.UNPIN ANY NETWORK FOLDER from your Explorer and it will work again. Only fix which will persist....
  3. Windows File Explorer and Desktop isn't refreshing automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer and Desktop isn't refreshing automatically.: Ive had this issue for a couple weeks now and wanted to help others since this is really frustrating.I found the solution for it in a random youtube video comment about this topic.UNPIN ANY NETWORK FOLDER from your Explorer and it will work again. Only fix which will persist....
  4. Windows File Explorer and Desktop isn't refreshing automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 File Explorer Automatic folder refresh problem

Win 10 File Explorer Automatic folder refresh problem: I have three computers running WIN 10. I use the File Explorer app extensively. I work with folders that have hundreds or Thousands of files. When trying to Locate a file, Rename a file or Delete a file, the File Explorer app will perform a Refresh routine on the...
  6. Windows Explorer is not automatically refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer is not automatically refreshing: When I am doing file or folder operation in explorer it is not automatically refreshing to reflect the updated changes How to fix this? 136118
  7. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  8. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  9. File explorer issue, don't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer issue, don't refresh automatically: its been some long time when i don't some files to folder and my folder view is by date of create or modifed its don't show the new file that i downlod, i try to do by myself after i read some articalis but don't think that its right: [img] windows 10 64 bit what to...
  10. File explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer doesn't refresh automatically: hi guys i have some problem thats freaks me out!!! work on last updates , 64 bit every file i download to downloads folder i need to press f5 to see the file on top (list by date) i do some things.. like use some cmd commend to scan and fix all was great , change refresh...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 windows explorer not refreshing

2. automatic refresh file explorer window