Windows 10: Windows 10 file explorer not numbering photos correctly

Discus and support Windows 10 file explorer not numbering photos correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I highlight all the photos in the same window and rename them in a batch, I still get duplicate number extensions see attached. How can I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GraceGreenfield, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 file explorer not numbering photos correctly

When I highlight all the photos in the same window and rename them in a batch, I still get duplicate number extensions see attached. How can I fix this?

Windows 10 file explorer not numbering photos correctly a3545f8f-944c-486f-a259-49e89d5a1eb6?upload=true.jpg

:)

GraceGreenfield, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 30, 2020
  3. mnhgolf Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer Numerical Sorting

Windows 10 Pro - Version 1903

Numerical sorting is turned on in group policy editor. Files are not sorting correctly. Decimal numbers are listed after whole numbers. Folders are sorting correctly. Number lists in Microsoft Office 2013 Word & Excel sort correctly. What could be causing this? Thanks.

Windows 10 file explorer not numbering photos correctly [​IMG]

mnhgolf, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 file explorer not numbering photos correctly

Windows 10 File Explorer is Extremely Slow to Open Photo Files

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My computer now seems to be running slower. However, it is extremely slow to open photo files compared to when I was running Windows 7. When I click to open a JPEG file / photo file in Windows 10, File
    Explorer goes into a (not responding) message. It will stay in the not resonding mode for at least 30 seconds to a minute. Then the photo will appear and File Explorer will allow for it to be deleted, moved, copied etc. This makes opening and managing photos
    extremely frustrating. I have been searching the internet for a fix. There appear to be a number of suggestions and fixes out there but nothing I have tried has worked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Retrob3270, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 file explorer not numbering photos correctly

1. Windows 10 file explorer not numbering photos correctly - Similar Threads - file explorer numbering

2. Windows file explorer not sorting correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer not sorting correctly: Win 8.1. in the downloads folder, I select sort by Modified date. I unzipped today a file. The resultant unzipped file with today's modified date shows up sorted with files of a much earlier modified date ,...
  3. Windows file explorer not sorting correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer not sorting correctly: Win 8.1. in the downloads folder, I select sort by Modified date. I unzipped today a file. The resultant unzipped file with today's modified date shows up sorted with files of a much earlier modified date ,...
  4. File Explorer not searching correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not searching correctly.: About two weeks ago I noticed File Explorer was not searching. I use windows 11.I noted if I entered a single letter eg E then it gave many results, most did not have a highlighted E but I assume somewhere in the selected file there must have been an E. If I enter two digits...
  5. File Explorer not searching correctly.

File Explorer not searching correctly.: About two weeks ago I noticed File Explorer was not searching. I use windows 11.I noted if I entered a single letter eg E then it gave many results, most did not have a highlighted E but I assume somewhere in the selected file there must have been an E. If I enter two digits...
  6. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  7. photos and file explorer

photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  8. Windows Explorer file numbering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer file numbering: Hello!I would like to ask if there is a way to add a number column in windows file explorer to show a number behind every file. Not to rename! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-file-numbering/b12b92ad-fc38-4fca-a34c-d97bfc080641
  9. File Explorer not responding correctly.

File Explorer not responding correctly.: It happened when I finished downloading Clip Studio Paint Pro EXIf I open File Explorer for the 1st time after turning on my computer, it loads files very slowly it doesn't even finish loading and none of the image icons pop up anymore.If I open File Explorer for a 2nd time,...
  10. Organizing photos in windows 10 File Explorer.

Organizing photos in windows 10 File Explorer.: My photos were organized chronologically in This PC in Pictures and also alphabetically in Libraries in Pictures when I downloaded them from my camera or from my email. Now when I download photos from my email, they are are only showing up in Libraries. When I try to open...