Windows 10: Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.

Discus and support Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I follow these steps to fix my problem Fix File Explorer if it won't open or start and I also tried other fixes that is mentioned in other posts but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Onlinewithsherkhan, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.

I follow these steps to fix my problem Fix File Explorer if it won't open or start and I also tried other fixes that is mentioned in other posts but non is working for me.

The last step where it says Run Automatic Repair is only step left.

Can someone tell me why its not opening?

PS: All programs are working fine.

Thanks,

S

:)

Onlinewithsherkhan, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Aug 20, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.

1. Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder. - Similar Threads - file explorer opening

2. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  3. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  4. I can't open folders on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open folders on file explorer: When I try to open a folder other than this pc, my file explorer crashes. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-folders-on-file-explorer/59587318-5792-461e-8699-f6fc90209d0e
  5. I can't open folders on file explorer

I can't open folders on file explorer: When I try to open a folder other than this pc, my file explorer crashes. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-folders-on-file-explorer/59587318-5792-461e-8699-f6fc90209d0e
  6. Can't open any files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open any files.: I'm having an issue opening files on my computer running Windows 10. I've done the latest cumulative update. What's happening is when I open File Explorer and go to the Downloads folder or any folder to open a file, nothing happens. Not even the usual cursor spin, nor does...
  7. Can't open any files.

Can't open any files.: I'm having an issue opening files on my computer running Windows 10. I've done the latest cumulative update. What's happening is when I open File Explorer and go to the Downloads folder or any folder to open a file, nothing happens. Not even the usual cursor spin, nor does...
  8. File Explorer can't open Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer can't open Downloads folder: New laptop, latest Windows 10. If I try to view the Downloads folder from either Quick Access or directly under This PC, all I get is 'working on it'. Go to C;/users/../Downloads - no problem. Why?...
  9. Can't open any files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open any files: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to fix this ??? submitted by /u/MichaelBlacky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/icktdz/cant_open_any_files/
  10. File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Opening Folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Opening Folders: I have 2 Windows 10 pc's, Windows 1709 ( OS Build 16299.125,both up to date. One of them has just developed a problem with File Explorer being very slow opening folders after the first one has been opened. If I open Documents, on the first try, it opens immediately, but...