Windows 10: Windows 10 - File Explorer "not responding" when clicking on any Microsoft Office app...

Discus and support Windows 10 - File Explorer "not responding" when clicking on any Microsoft Office app... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When in File Explorer if i attempt to click on any file of the Microsoft family (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, etc.) the window freezes and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Brough, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - File Explorer "not responding" when clicking on any Microsoft Office app...

When in File Explorer if i attempt to click on any file of the Microsoft family (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, etc.) the window freezes and then states "not responding".

I have tried all the hints and tips but nothing works to free this from happening... even did a reboot to factory settings but after a day it happened again.

Only way to open a file in a stable way is to open the program then open the file from within.

All drivers are up-to-date and also all Windows updates are up-to-date.

I'm running a HP Omen 17" screen laptop with SSd and HDD...

This is fast becoming annoying as do not know where to turn to now as seemingly depleted all avenues of tips, etc.

:)

David Brough, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 - File Explorer "not responding" when clicking on any Microsoft Office app... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - File Explorer "not responding" when clicking on any Microsoft Office app...

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - File Explorer "not responding" when clicking on any Microsoft Office app...

1. Windows 10 - File Explorer "not responding" when clicking on any Microsoft Office app... - Similar Threads - File Explorer responding

2. Windows Explorer crashing when I click on random Microsoft Office files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer crashing when I click on random Microsoft Office files: Whenever I click on various documents in the main Documents folder, Windows Explorer might stop responding immediately and then crash for no apparent reason. It's happened with two different .docx files and a .pptx file. Does anybody know what might be wrong here? Source...
  3. Windows 10 Explorer crashes when clicking (any click) on any file (not on folders though)....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Explorer crashes when clicking (any click) on any file (not on folders though)....: submitted by /u/lolailololencio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k56b6c/windows_10_explorer_crashes_when_clicking_any/
  4. File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer Windows 10, version 20H2, OS build 19042.630, it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word, Excel or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just...
  5. Windows explorer doesn't respond if I click any file or do right click

Windows explorer doesn't respond if I click any file or do right click: Hi, Please help me with this my windows explorer doesnt respond if I left click or right click any file. I can't open anything as administrator. I tried doing system scan but it showed- "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc...
  6. Windows Explorer not responding in any Microsoft Office applications.

Windows Explorer not responding in any Microsoft Office applications.: I have been trying to solve this problem on my computer for the past two days and finally found the answer. There are other threads out there that give suggestions, but none of them worked. the answer is so easy to do. Open any panel/window pane Click on View on the...
  7. Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files: I was going through my files doing some organization yesterday and it was going fine, but every time I even clicked on a couple specific files, explorer would freeze completely. So far they're only word files and it's the same ones every time, but it's not happening with all...
  8. File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just click on the file to drag it into another...
  9. Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on Microsoft Office?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on Microsoft Office?: Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on any file of[ATTACH]Microsoft Office? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-file-explorer-not-responding-when-i-selected/0a009638-e8f4-4dd7-9634-46b661ed0cb1
  10. File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just click on the file to drag it into another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File Explorer not responding when opening Office files

2. file explorer not responding when opening excel

3. onedrive file explorer windows 10 Not Responding