Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer puts Commands into a Mix of German and English and also can't...

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer puts Commands into a Mix of German and English and also can't... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Im using Windows 10 64Bit the newest version and I have quite a problem with file explorer right now. My installation is German, but when im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KateHerrmann, May 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 File Explorer puts Commands into a Mix of German and English and also can't...

Hello, Im using Windows 10 64Bit the newest version and I have quite a problem with file explorer right now. My installation is German, but when im trying to limit my search to certain parameters like "kind" it puts it into a mix of german and english instead. For example applying what would normally give you "kindWindows 10 File Explorer puts Commands into a Mix of German and English and also can't... :picture" over the taskbar instead gives me "artWindows 10 File Explorer puts Commands into a Mix of German and English and also can't... :picture"

- this would be fine with me if it worked still, but that doesnt work in the search. It only works if I put both in german such as "art:bild" for example. Now, is there a way to make file explorer put the filter in german instead of a mix of english and german or even better can I make file explorer accept english commands? I would much rather search with english parameters entirely but they DONT work, only German ones do.

Help will be greatly aprecciated.

:)

KateHerrmann, May 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 29, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 File Explorer puts Commands into a Mix of German and English and also can't... :p

Frick, May 29, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer puts Commands into a Mix of German and English and also can't...

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer puts Commands into a Mix of German and English and also can't...

1. Windows 10 File Explorer puts Commands into a Mix of German and English and also can't... - Similar Threads - File Explorer puts

2. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  3. Windows in German but the Contacts app in English

Windows in German but the Contacts app in English: Hi Community, I am ripping my hair out because there is no solution to this. I have windows 10 installed in German, I have all the german language packs installed, everything is in German except the Contacts app. How on earth do I change the contact app to German? When I open...
  4. Windows in German but the Contacts app in English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows in German but the Contacts app in English: Hi Community, I am ripping my hair out because there is no solution to this. I have windows 10 installed in German, I have all the german language packs installed, everything is in German except the Contacts app. How on earth do I change the contact app to German? When I open...
  5. Windows in German but the Contacts app in English

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. German-English translator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    German-English translator: I am learning German language for higher studies. Whenever I study German, I find many words difficult to understand. Isn't there any german-english translator available in the store? It would be very helpful for me....
  7. German-English translator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German-English translator: I am learning German language for higher studies. Whenever I study German, I find many words difficult to understand. Isn't there any german-english translator available in the store? It would be very helpful for me....
  8. German-English translator

9. windows 10 language , using english and german, continues to fail installing german speech...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 language , using english and german, continues to fail installing german speech...: hello I am wondering if anyone had this situation using windows 10, latest build, etc main language is US englisch, in addition I added the german language pack, works fine so far. but windows fails and retries to install the german speech recognition, it repeats that...
  10. How to Convert german language to English on windows 10.

How to Convert german language to English on windows 10.: I am facing the language problem on my windows 10 .My relative send it to me from German . But I lived in Bangladesh. And I try but with saw many videos on youtube .But I can't solve this problem. Is there anyone who is facing the same problem ?and give me the Actual...