Windows 10: Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.

Discus and support Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. I have file contents unchecked. but still get results from within documents-pdf,odt,doc,etc.I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by letheaqua, Oct 12, 2015.

1. letheaqua Win User

Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.

Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. I have file contents unchecked. but still get results from within documents-pdf,odt,doc,etc.I have file indexing turned off. How do I just get names of files and folders?

:)

letheaqua, Oct 12, 2015
  2. tas3986 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer - Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of folder files.

Unable to find these options in Windows 10 Home Version (file) explorer.

What version were these options available?

tas3986, Oct 12, 2015
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Oct 12, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, not sure you can do that from the GUI as an option.. unless I've missed sthg... but file manager replacements can...! (Which is why I never use search in explorer).

But it can be done: the search field actually uses Advanced Query Syntax
    For example, I have a folder containing files where some have names containing 'China' some have content with 'China' and some are in a path with a folder name 'China.

It looks as if if I enter

filename:China

in the search box, I restrict results to those files whose names contain China.

Advanced Query Syntax (Windows)
    More readable intro here:
    Learning Windows Search: Use Advanced Query Syntax to Find Everything

Probably not the answer you were hoping for...*092

dalchina, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. - Similar Threads - file explorer search

2. Searching File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching File Explorer: Apparently from what I have read-we are all stuck by chuck when doing a search within File Explorer. When I do a word search, it seems to go into a document to find matches with your search. The problem becomes you now have to search through all these folders, files, or...
  3. Search in file explorer - windows 10

in Cortana
    Search in file explorer - windows 10: Hello. Is it possible to search in file explorer (windows 10) for specific files based on a time, but not date? Regards, Leif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-in-file-explorer-windows-10/807da9a3-2e13-4c8c-b394-298a8acb7a78"
  4. file explorer search options set name to default

file explorer search options set name to default: The great majority of my file explorer searches are for names (as in file names/titles), so I'm always typing: name:this or name:that. Can I set "name" as the default way of searching? If I want to search for content I'll just, well, I'm not sure how to search for all...
  5. File Explorer options

File Explorer options: I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote, latest version. Evernote was in my list of choices when selecting a file and Send to. Evernote not in the list anymore. Question: How do I add choices in the Send to function? Hope my question is clear. Thank you....
  6. Advanced searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced searching: Under windows 7. I can search files from any period 5/10/2007 - 12/11/2010. Under windows 10 I can only search Today, Yesterday, This week, Last Week, This month, Last month, This year, last year. This is stupid. Can't search before last year. 116567
  7. Removing the search option in windows explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Removing the search option in windows explorer 11: Hello, Since updating windows 10 I have the annoying search option in the top right of windows explorer 11. Does anybody know how I can get rid of it please. [img] 93395
  8. No Advanced Restart Options

in Windows 10 Support
    No Advanced Restart Options: I sometimes check to confirm the advanced start-up options appear on my laptop usually by hitting Restart + Shift or choosing Settings / Recovery / Advanced Start-up. I just checked now and the PC just restarts. SFC / SCANNOW runs OK and the Win RE configuration seems OK...
  9. File Explorer searches

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer searches: I'm having some problems finding a folder which I'm 99% sure is on my computer. The folder is called "workspace" (without the quotes of course) and I created it months ago on either my C: drive or my F: drive; it is *much* more likely that it is on the C: drive but I'm not...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998