Windows 10: Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.

Discus and support Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. I have file contents unchecked. but still get results from within documents-pdf,odt,doc,etc.I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by letheaqua, Oct 12, 2015.

1. letheaqua Win User

Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.

Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. I have file contents unchecked. but still get results from within documents-pdf,odt,doc,etc.I have file indexing turned off. How do I just get names of files and folders?

:)

letheaqua, Oct 12, 2015
  2. tas3986 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer - Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of folder files.

Unable to find these options in Windows 10 Home Version (file) explorer.

What version were these options available?

tas3986, Oct 12, 2015
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Oct 12, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, not sure you can do that from the GUI as an option.. unless I've missed sthg... but file manager replacements can...! (Which is why I never use search in explorer).

But it can be done: the search field actually uses Advanced Query Syntax
    For example, I have a folder containing files where some have names containing 'China' some have content with 'China' and some are in a path with a folder name 'China.

It looks as if if I enter

filename:China

in the search box, I restrict results to those files whose names contain China.

Advanced Query Syntax (Windows)
    More readable intro here:
    Learning Windows Search: Use Advanced Query Syntax to Find Everything

Probably not the answer you were hoping for...*092

dalchina, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. - Similar Threads - file explorer search

2. How to disable Advanced Search Indexing Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Advanced Search Indexing Options in Windows 10: Windows 10 lets you create and manage a Search Index to show search results quickly, irrespective of the keyword. However, if you want to prevent others from tweaking some of the Indexing Options, you can disable Advanced indexing options in Windows 10. No third-party app is...
  3. Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.: Hi from Snowy England I am using File Explorer to find contents of a file. I can no longer access the Advanced Options tab. If I enter a search phrase in the search box, it starts searching straight away. I then go to Advanced options and tick the File Contents option. As...
  4. Advance Search Options Missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advance Search Options Missing?: I used to be able to go to the search box in the top right of explorer and do something like type: video, or datemodified: ... etc. For some reason no matter what I type there, it's always just searching the literal string and not allowing advanced search. What...
  5. File Explorer Search Location Options Are Broken

File Explorer Search Location Options Are Broken: For some reason, I can't seem to switch from "All subfolders" to "Current folder" when I search for a file in File Explorer. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something, but I need help with this problem. How can I fix this?...
  6. Can't perform advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't perform advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explorer: Hi, I installed yesterday Windows 1909. Now I want to do a simple search operation in File Explorer. I want to find the documents I changed between November 13 and November 21. So I type in the search box the formula datemodified:11/13/2019 .. 11/21/2019 kind:=document In...
  7. Can't perform advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explore

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't perform advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explore: Hi, I installed yesterday Windows 1909. Now I want to do a simple search operation in File Explorer. I want to find the documents I changed between November 13 and November 21. So I type in the search box the formula datemodified:11/13/2019 .. 11/21/2019 kind:=document In...
  8. Is advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explore very user unfriendly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explore very user unfriendly?: Hi, I installed yesterday Windows 1909. Now I want to do a simple search operation in File Explorer. I want to find the documents I changed between November 13 and November 21. So I type in the search box the formula datemodified:11/13/2019 .. 11/21/2019 kind:=document In...
  9. What is "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer advanced settings?

What is "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer advanced settings?: What is the "use sharing wizard" option in Windows 10 File Explorer under the advanced settings in the View options? Will it affect Explorer's indexing capabilities if I disable it?...
  10. Windows Explorer search options

Windows Explorer search options: I have a new computer with Windows 10 installed. When I am looking for a folder in Explorer, I can't type anything without Windows going into search mode. I prefer to type to get to the folder I need (rather than scrolling), but now I can't hit a key without triggering a...