Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer Search issue

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer Search issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I've just started using Windows 10 and have found that when I do a search in File Explorer, I cannot adjust the column widths as the normal bar at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkOxley, Oct 18, 2019.

1. MarkOxley Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Search issue

Hi

I've just started using Windows 10 and have found that when I do a search in File Explorer, I cannot adjust the column widths as the normal bar at the top for adjusting the widths disappears in Search mode and therefore can't see where the files I've searched for are located. Is there any way to get the column width bar in the search results pane?

:)

MarkOxley, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2019
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Search issue

File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer Search issue

1. Windows 10 File Explorer Search issue - Similar Threads - File Explorer Search

2. Windows 11 File Explore Search Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explore Search Issue: In the past, I was able to find a file by finding a match in any of the characters of a file. For instance, before I can find this file named "20220518_135209.jpg" if I typed in"209", "520", "518", or any matching strings of characters within the file name. Now, this file...
  3. Windows 11 File Explore Search Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explore Search Issue: In the past, I was able to find a file by finding a match in any of the characters of a file. For instance, before I can find this file named "20220518_135209.jpg" if I typed in"209", "520", "518", or any matching strings of characters within the file name. Now, this file...
  4. File Explorer Search Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Issue: After updating to windows 11 there was an issue with my file search. Rebuilding the index MOSTLY fixed the problem, however search only searches titles and not contents. I need it to search through word documents and not just their titles...
  5. File Explorer Search Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Issue: After updating to windows 11 there was an issue with my file search. Rebuilding the index MOSTLY fixed the problem, however search only searches titles and not contents. I need it to search through word documents and not just their titles...
  6. File Explorer Win 10 - Search Issues

in Cortana
    File Explorer Win 10 - Search Issues: Hi, I want to search for a certain word in a particular folder in File Explorer. This folder contains subfolders and documents like Word documents and others. Here are the issues: 1. Once in the folder, when I do Ctrl-F, I see the search box in the upper right, but: A It...
  7. File Explorer Search Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search Issue: I am typing into File Explorer and it keeps acting like every key I click is a new search. In the past I was able to type "Ca" and it would find a folder that starts with "Ca" but now it searches for the first C folder and then when I hit A it moves to the A folders. What...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer search issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 File Explorer search issues: Having issues with file search on both my desktop and laptop. the laptop is new and the desktop was just upgraded to windows 10, so I'm not super familiar with Windows 10 just yet, I had been using windows 7 with no issues with this scenario. The desktop is Windows 10 pro,...
  9. File Explorer Search Issue

in Cortana
    File Explorer Search Issue: Hello, I got a strange issue with the search in Windows 10. If I try to search anything in File Explorer, I type what I want and press ENTER, nothing happens at all, it only searches when I press the arrow button that shows up in the search box. [ATTACH] I've tried...
  10. Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue: What happened to explorer search? Unable to paste the copied file name to search for as it was in previous versions. I have to manually type the file name and press Enter. This is terrible! Why does Microsoft only make things worse with each new version ?!...