Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer Search not working properly

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer Search not working properly in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 File Explorer offers a search box that allows you to search for files in the current folder or anywhere on the computer. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 8, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 File Explorer Search not working properly

WinClub, Dec 8, 2019

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Search not working properly

Windows 10 File Explorer search tool not working

I have tried all the above steps but I am unable to find and search a file with email address as search key.

Please help.

Regards

Dr. Saleem Siddiqi

Dr Saleem Siddiqi, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer Search not working properly

1. Windows 10 File Explorer Search not working properly - Similar Threads - File Explorer Search

2. backspace on file explorer search not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace on file explorer search not working properly: Hi, whenever I type backspace on the search box on file explorer it do the space but it get back the word quickly as if I did not press backspace. please if you had this issue before or you know the fix let us know we will be much apprecitedThank you...
  3. backspace on file explorer search not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backspace on file explorer search not working properly: Hi, whenever I type backspace on the search box on file explorer it do the space but it get back the word quickly as if I did not press backspace. please if you had this issue before or you know the fix let us know we will be much apprecitedThank you...
  4. File explorer not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not working properly: My file explorer opens but I can't open any thing unless if it is on the left hand side pinned. I can't open device manager, trash, and other things. When I try opening a file on quick access it opens a new windows of file explorer. Please let me know how I can fix this....
  5. File Explorer not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not working properly: I used my file explorer most of the time since all my files are stored there and I use to edit those files for my work everyday. However, for the past 2 days my file explorer keeps on lagging and it says not responding on the top left. I need to close it on the task manager...
  6. File Explorer not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not working properly: I used my file explorer most of the time since all my files are stored there and I use to edit those files for my work everyday. However, for the past 2 days my file explorer keeps on lagging and it says not responding on the top left. I need to close it on the task manager...
  7. Windows and File Explorer is not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows and File Explorer is not working properly: Every single day whenever I use my laptop or restart it, it was always fine but right now it does have some issues. When I restarted it a few minutes ago it became weird. My Desktop Icons were blank and messed up and my File Explorer is kind of broken. Everything was glitchy...
  8. Windows search in explorer doesn't work properly

in Cortana
    Windows search in explorer doesn't work properly: since one of the latest updates of windows 10, search doesn't find keywords inside .pdf-files anymore. Tried troubleshooting, but finaly get stuck with this troubleshooting report: Search and Indexing Publisher details Issues found Incorrect permissions on Windows...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer Not working properly

Windows 10 File Explorer Not working properly: I had recently changed my windows from 8.1 to 10 and saw a bug that the screen where :C and all the drives come the downloads, documents etc. folder is not appearing on my explorer Pls help with it because first it came and now its not displaying...
  10. File explorer not working properly

File explorer not working properly: I cannot search things up in File Explorer. I cannot click the search textbox at all. I then tried CTRL+F, and it only lets me have one character. I cannot search up a single word, just only letters. What is worse, the backspace button does not delete the character. It makes...