Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Approximately 95% of the time, when we open File Explorer and try to manipulate files (delete, open, move, etc.), the application hangs and have to hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Linda_LM, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:22 AM.

1. Linda_LM Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer

Approximately 95% of the time, when we open File Explorer and try to manipulate files (delete, open, move, etc.), the application hangs and have to hit the X several times to close the window. Effectively have no way to manage files. Does Microsoft have an intention to fix this very important tool? Does anyone have a fix?

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 File Explorer :p

4. mixa Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 File Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Windows 10 File Explorer

1. Windows 10 File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. File Explorer does not apply folder options since updating Win10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer does not apply folder options since updating Win10 1903: Hello guys, I've been experiencing the following issue. If i do right click on folder/properties/customize/optimize this folder for: and select any option, it does not apply the selection to the folder. It always stays on (General Elements). It is broken since i updated to...
  3. External hard drive opens in File explorer every time laptop wakes or starts (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    External hard drive opens in File explorer every time laptop wakes or starts (windows 10): I went through all the checks described in the thread below and still can not fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-wake-up-my-computer-from-sleep-a-file/abf27517-2d85-46a7-a763-f9761c1e3ead...
  4. Snap back to top in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snap back to top in File Explorer: Whenever I am searching files, in a folder that has more than one page view in Windows Explorer, it snaps back to the top after a few seconds. How do I stop this?...
  5. File Explorer: Storing emails but doesn't populate "To" and "From" fields/columns

File Explorer: Storing emails but doesn't populate "To" and "From" fields/columns: Tried to keep this short and concise; breakdown of query below: 1. Using file explorer to save emails (for backup/archiving purposes, and so other people in my team can access the emails); 2. Activated/added the "To" and "From" columns for the purpose of seeing who sent...
  6. "File Explorer>View>Sort by" Not Working

"File Explorer>View>Sort by" Not Working: (I posted this before, but only one person responded. But unfortunately, they didn't have the solution.) The drop down list in File Explorer>View>Sort by doesn't work in some folders! This happened after my latest Windows 10 update; Windows 10, version 1903. Before that, it...
  7. Windows 10 1903 or higher, Duplicate USB devices showing in File Explorer, why is it still...

Windows 10 1903 or higher, Duplicate USB devices showing in File Explorer, why is it still...: This is not a new problem, I have seen this annoying issue reported for years by several users, but I have never seen a straight answer explaining the reason for the duplication. All the threads on the subject are locked. I have seen the workaround temporary solution by...
  8. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive from File Explorer: I had to reinstall Windows 10 recently. While I was copying my files to C:\users\[MyName] I discovered that Microsoft pushed the OneDrive service and linked automatically, messing everything with the 5GB limit. I unlinked OneDrive and later uninstalled from Windows. The...
  9. Clearing Recent files/folders in file explorer via CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    Clearing Recent files/folders in file explorer via CMD: Hello, is there a way to clear recent files and folders in file Explorer and to turn it off on the side bar so that it only shows pinned folders? I mean this: [img] 136716
  10. Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer?: All my files say they're shared in file explorer and i am really confused i have all of those sharing settings/remote access settings turned off but my files still say they're shared? does anyone know why this is happening?[ATTACH]...