Windows 10: Windows 10 - File Explorer's Video context ribbon has Add To Playlist disabled/grayed out

Discus and support Windows 10 - File Explorer's Video context ribbon has Add To Playlist disabled/grayed out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In File Explorer on Windows 10, when you select a video, the Video Tools ribbon becomes available, and "Add to playlist" is disabled or grayed out. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by a unique username, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - File Explorer's Video context ribbon has Add To Playlist disabled/grayed out

In File Explorer on Windows 10, when you select a video, the Video Tools ribbon becomes available, and "Add to playlist" is disabled or grayed out. It stays this way regardless of how many files are selected, and I cannot find any system settings relevant... unless it's some file association that's not set. No MS Community and internet searching don't have any relevant results that I could find.

Any ideas how to enable this feature? I would like a simple way, other than using windows media center to create video playlists.

:)

a unique username, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2019
  3. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not being able to see picture thumbnails is a pain. I turned thumbnails on for the Pictures folder only and the never ending green ribbon is back. Possibly a related problem: with thumbnails off (or on) if I left click on a video file in the Videos volder, file explorer hangs and I have to end it with Task Manager.

I have heard that by ending the dllhost.exe process/service, the green ribbon goes away, but so does W10 security and stability.

Suggestions on how to fix are appreciated.

Without a properworking File Explorer, W10 is not really a suitable OS.

Graywuhllf, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - File Explorer's Video context ribbon has Add To Playlist disabled/grayed out

Windows installed 1903 version, but no ribbon in file explorer

Bree - Thank you, I ran Winaero - How to disable Ribbon in Windows 10 Explorer - it asked to disable so I did, then I downloaded again it asked to install I did. But my explorer still looks the same.
    Ill keep trying all the suggestions.
    Thank you so much appreciate the help. Im just getting frustrated now.

Windows 10 - File Explorer's Video context ribbon has Add To Playlist disabled/grayed out [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Edwin - Thanks, I clicked on the link you sent and got this error:
    Thank you for the help I will keep looking for a solution

Windows 10 - File Explorer's Video context ribbon has Add To Playlist disabled/grayed out [​IMG]

Shannon4066, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - File Explorer's Video context ribbon has Add To Playlist disabled/grayed out

1. Windows 10 - File Explorer's Video context ribbon has Add To Playlist disabled/grayed out - Similar Threads - File Explorer's Video

2. How to add videos to a playlist in the Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add videos to a playlist in the Windows Media Player?: I have some videos I'd like to watch in a specific order, but for some reason I can't add them to a playlist not a queue. Is there a media feature I need to install? If not, why is it not a feature already?...
  3. How to add videos to a playlist in the Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add videos to a playlist in the Windows Media Player?: I have some videos I'd like to watch in a specific order, but for some reason I can't add them to a playlist not a queue. Is there a media feature I need to install? If not, why is it not a feature already?...
  4. "options" in file explorer is grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "options" in file explorer is grayed out: HiI'm under windows 10 and file explorer has several issues.Currently, file explorer displays no thumbnails and "options" is grayed out. If I right click on a file and presses "open with", it completely freezes explorer, I cant even alt-tab, I have to terminate it.On other...
  5. "options" in file explorer is grayed out

"options" in file explorer is grayed out: HiI'm under windows 10 and file explorer has several issues.Currently, file explorer displays no thumbnails and "options" is grayed out. If I right click on a file and presses "open with", it completely freezes explorer, I cant even alt-tab, I have to terminate it.On other...
  6. "options" in file explorer is grayed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "options" in file explorer is grayed out: HiI'm under windows 10 and file explorer has several random issues.Randomly, it will stop showing file thumbnails and have "options" grayed out. Sometimes it will not display folders' content, sometimes it will. It's very annoying.It's fixed by rebooting, but I don't want to...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer Ribbon Bar - Add new item

Windows 11 File Explorer Ribbon Bar - Add new item: Is there a way to add new items to the windows 11 ribbon bar. Also I would like to add items I use regularly to the main right click menu in file explorer rather than having to go to the 'Show more options'.ThanksBenj...
  8. How to add antivirus button to Windows 10 file explorer ribbon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add antivirus button to Windows 10 file explorer ribbon?: Hi all, I would like to make my antivirus checks more efficient. Instead of having to right-click on downloaded files, then choose my antivirus option, I would like to customize my file explorer ribbon to have an antivirus button. I haven't been able to find a way to do...
  9. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956
  10. File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out: For most of the afternoon today I have searched through Google and here to see if I can get the File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs fix. So far no luck to get this fix. I am not sure what is exactly the problem with this even I tried to right-click on desktop to get a new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer play list

2. add to playlist windows 10 file explorer