Windows 10: Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

Discus and support Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This issue was raised 2 years ago, and yet nothing has been done about it. How can you have a utility meant to copy literally every single file on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brad_525, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Brad_525 Win User

Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

This issue was raised 2 years ago, and yet nothing has been done about it. How can you have a utility meant to copy literally every single file on a hard drive, and not provide a way to track that progress, and make sure it's not stalled?

:)

Brad_525, Aug 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 backup progress status.

It's annoying that there is still no progress bar after all of the complaints about this in Windows 8.

How to check File History progress status? - Microsoft Community

I'll add it to the list of glaring deficiencies to elevate.

Meanwhile be aware that if you interrupt File History before it is complete, you'll be notified in Action Center at the far right end of your task bar to plug back in the Backup drive. This will have to do for now.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Window 10 System Backup no progress bar???

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Are you launching the backup process through the Settings page or Control Panel?

As you have stated that the backup process crashed and did not display the progress bar, I would like to inform that the back up process has not completed successfully.

If you are creating a backup through the Settings page via the Backup option, I would suggest that you create the back by opening Control Panel via File History and check if the problem re occurs.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

View File History Progress

I'm using the File History backup for the first time. It says that the backup is in progress but I cannot see % complete. Where can I view the progress of this operation?

Thanks, Lynn

LynnMorstead, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

1. Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar - Similar Threads - File History Backup

2. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  3. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  4. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File history backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history backup: I am planning to upgrade my notebook. Ques is, I have my data saved as file history in an external drive. Will I be able to restore data into new notebook from this file history?...
  6. File history backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history backup: Windows 10 v 2004.I notice when selecting Settings-Windows Update-Backup-the option to "add a drive" to back up using file history has been replaced with "Automatically back up my files"although not ON as default. How does this work to back up to a seperate drive? 158363
  7. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  8. windows 10 file history backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 file history backup: will windows 10 File History backup copy program or app files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-history-backup/308458e8-34a9-403c-86e6-7b3049c8b24c"
  9. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"
  10. Window 10 backup (File History)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 backup (File History): I am backing up my data on an external drive, 74,5 GB. I did change the folders I wanted to be backed up, and the file explorer shows about 38 GB free space, but the Backup options of the settings shows the size of the backup as 74,8 GB and the total space on the drive as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file history progress bar

2. backup progress bar

3. file history progress bar

4. windows 10 backup progress bar,
  5. backup progress windows 10,
  6. windows 10 backup progress,
  7. win 10 file history progress,
  8. how to see backup progress on windows 10,
  9. how to find progress with windows back up,
  10. check backup progress in windows 10,
  11. windows 10 backup progress bar,