Windows 10: Windows 10 File history issues

Discus and support Windows 10 File history issues in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hey, My main issue is that part of folders that I could see when right click on a file\folder > Properties > Previous Versions several days ago are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Itay, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Itay Win User

Windows 10 File history issues

Hey,

My main issue is that part of folders that I could see when right click on a file\folder > Properties > Previous Versions several days ago are now missing.
    In addition, the folders that I can see, doesn't show the modified date.

It is set to use file history on my entire D drive (no excludes) and on Saturday I even used it to restore some files from a folder that I can't see now!

For the past week every night when I turn my PC off, it asks for UPDATE & Turn Off instead of just turning off.

Thanks,

:)

2. Problem with File History option on Windows 10

Hi Alceu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I'd be glad to help you.

For more information, refer to these links, mentioned below, to fix your issue with File History:

Restore files or folders using File History

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-use-file-history

Set up a drive for File History

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/set-drive-file-history

Please refer to the article, created by Kalpana Shankarappa replied on August 13, 2015, to fix your issue with File History on Windows 10.

Windows 10 File History

Windows 10 File History

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 12, 2017
  3. I can't perform a system image backup in Windows10

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate your time and effort to resolve the issue.

As the issue still persists,

I suggest you to try creating new user account and check if you are able to create System Image Backup through files history.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Refer to the below link to know more about file history.

How to use File History

What if something goes wrong in File History.

Set up a drive for File History

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 12, 2017
  4. Windows 10 File history issues

Hi Itay.

Your last issue may be influencing your first issue.

What version build are you currently running, Windows key + R, type in Winver, enter.

So the forum understands, where are you storing file history, on another internal drive, on an external drive, on a network drive / NAS?

First have you tried a restart instead of a shutdown?

Next I would recommend running Windows Update Troubleshooter. In V1607

Windows key + S, search bar appears, type troubleshooting into search bar, troubleshooting appears at top. Click it, window opens, lower right side "Fix problems with Windows Update", click. Window opens, click on “advance”, click on Run as administrator, click “Next”. Should run clean. If not run again.

In V1703 it is basically the same but you find the Troubleshooters in Settings=>Update & security.

Lets see if getting this resolved will resolve for first issue. Please post Windows info and where file history is located.

If Windows Update trouble shooter doesn't find anything or once you have updates working I would run

sfc /scannow

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 13, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 File history issues

1. Windows 10 File history issues - Similar Threads - File history issues

2. File History issues on WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History issues on WIndows 10: I volunteer at a local retirement community helping the seniors with their computers. I have two Windows 10 computers running File History as a backup device. One is also running OneDrive The File History routine is unrealiable. It either does not copy all the documents or it...
  3. File History issues on WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History issues on WIndows 10: I volunteer at a local retirement community helping the seniors with their computers. I have two Windows 10 computers running File History as a backup device. One is also running OneDrive The File History routine is unrealiable. It either does not copy all the documents or it...
  4. File History issues on WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File History issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File History issue: I am using a Seagate EHD as a backup using File History. I didn't have any problem with the initial backup. After working on organizing several files over several days, I wanted to check and make sure that things were backing up correctly. Unfortunately, my computer had lost...
  6. Issues With File History drive

Issues With File History drive: Here's my issue I activated back up file history because there was a folder I wanted to backup but then I noticed that it had backed up a lot of other files so I manually deleted them and removed them from the backup list and then I tried to add the folder which I wanted to...
  7. File History Issues

File History Issues: Just started using File History and backup in Windows 10 two days ago. File History has made 5 copies of every photo and document on my computer. I used a program to delete the multiple copies this afternoon and they all came back this evening. I have not changed my files....
  8. File History issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History issue: I have two SSDs in my tablet -- HP -- I use the D drive for backups only. Suddenly, File History can't find D drive. It is also turned off and cannot be turned on. I have tried everything I can think of. It first happened after I reformatted the D drive. Also, note of...
  9. File duplicating issue with File History, Windows 10

File duplicating issue with File History, Windows 10: I've now experienced on multiple occasions that Windows 10 File History will, always on major updates but also randomly in-between, forget backed up folders (say for example, "D:\Lightroom\Photos"). That's of course completely inacceptable in itself because that means the...
  10. File history Issues

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history Issues: WIN 10 ver 1703 File history is not updating. The display says last updated at a specified time (A). It has been set to run hourly and appears to run but no updates are recorded in the File history window an d only the update refered to above (A) is shown. I deleted File...