Windows 10: Windows 10 File history log files

Discus and support Windows 10 File history log files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I go to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\File History and execute file history backup it appears to execute correctly and complete without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulH123, Oct 11, 2018.

1. PaulH123 Win User

Windows 10 File history log files

When I go to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\File History and execute file history backup it appears to execute correctly and complete without any errors however when I look in the event viewer under Backup and under File History there are no log files.

I have run sfc /scannow and have no probems. What don't I see any log files?

:)

PaulH123, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 11, 2018
  3. #Jon# Win User
    File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

File history in Win 10

Thank you for the update. Have you made sure that the File History is turned On? Follow these steps on how to see if its turned On:

• Click Start or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Backup settings on the search box.
    • Click More options under Add a drive, then click
      See advanced settings.
    • After making sure that the File History is On, follow the succeeding steps to see the File History event logs.
    • On the same window, on the left hand panel, click Advanced settings.
    • Under Event logs, click Open File History event logs to view recent events or errors.
    • Look for any errors and inform us if you found any.

Update us of the results.

Ian Ser, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 File history log files - Similar Threads - File history log

2. Windows 10 - File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - File History: Windows 10 File History I have a continuing problem with File History. I'm backing up to a 2T external hard drive. Settings are for hourly backup, save backups until space is needed. However, when space is needed it stops backing up. Is it meant to automatically delete...
  3. Windows 10 File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File History: Hello All: Bought a new external hard drive to use for file backups. PC recognizes hard drive and files can be copied and opened from hard drive, but ... Windows 10 File History just will not set up. I go to Settings, Backup. Under the heading "Backup using File...
  4. File History Windows 10

File History Windows 10: I have tried to enable File History on my Windows 10 PC. It does not backup anything! Does Microsoft still support this product? I can't find any information on Microsoft's support site....
  5. File History - Windows 10

File History - Windows 10: I've set up File History to backup to an external SSD. It backed up when I set it up 2 weeks ago but has not backed up since, even though I've left the default setting to back up every hour. Even if I click the Backup Now option, it says it's backing up but after about half...
  6. File History - Windows 10

File History - Windows 10: Hello. File History is failing to backup files due to the fact that the file path being too long, but this is not a problem on my laptop - just when it backs up. File History is adding about 4 or 5 directories to my external hard drive before it starts backing up the...
  7. file history in windows 10

file history in windows 10: My question is simply how can file history be set to store versions forever (default) if at some time time the drive that is connected to runs out of room. Now I know there is an option to select until room is needed so how does that exactly relate to the forever option....
  8. Windows 10 File History

Windows 10 File History: Can I back up more than one internal drive to Windows 10 file history, or only the C-drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-history/4cdcb03a-8a54-42a8-9051-9bfb349fbeef"
  9. Windows 10 File History

Windows 10 File History: what is Wondershare file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-history/4c03fdd0-8943-469e-9748-1080ce65fe16"
  10. Windows 10 File History

Windows 10 File History: I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have 110 Gbytes total on my C drive including Windows. I am trying to start File History to back up to the G drive that has 137 Gbyte of free space. When I click Add Drive in Windows backup it gives a list which includes...