Windows 10: [Windows 10] File Moving Privileges

Discus and support [Windows 10] File Moving Privileges in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How on earth do I fix this:when I AM an administrator already???I was trying to reset an SQL root pw following this thread: MySQL :: MySQL 8.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anon_misfit, Jul 15, 2021.

1. [Windows 10] File Moving Privileges

How on earth do I fix this:when I AM an administrator already???I was trying to reset an SQL root pw following this thread: MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: B.3.3.2 How to Reset the Root Passwordwhich led [not only nowhere, but] to me, the only administrator on the system, having to suddenly agree to the prompt up above when trying to e.g. move a file from desktop to a drive.How the hell did anything cause this and how on earth can I fix it????????

:)

anon_misfit, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2021
  3. A required privilege is not held by the client // help please

My problem: A required privilege is not held by the client shows up when I try to run any executable file. I am the only administrator on all household PC's. I have at least five Windows 10 PC's in the household.

For a couple of months I had my problem on only one desktop PC (v1909) which I have dealt with by using Safe Mode when I absolutely had to do so. As of today I can add one laptop (v2004) to my list with this problem. I read the one post that I could find and I tried the suggestion today on both of the problem PC's to no avail. (Tweaking.com's cautious repair tool, observing the cautious steps, and apply only the relevant fixes for permissions.) I have at least one other PC with v2004 and no privilege problem and at least one other PC with v1909 and no privilege problem.

Previously I had tried these six methods:
    1. Run the Program as Administrator
    2. Use Command Prompt to run the file
    3. Disable The Admin Approval Mode
    4. Disable UAC using Registry Editor
    5. Change Sharing Permission
    6. Take ownership of the Root Drive

Thank you for any new suggestions or known fixes . . . .

yrralrellim, Jul 15, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

[Windows 10] File Moving Privileges

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

[Windows 10] File Moving Privileges

1. [Windows 10] File Moving Privileges - Similar Threads - File Moving Privileges

2. Missing File Privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing File Privileges: I'm sorry if this is not the best place to ask for help with Steam but I just really need help. I tried to install a game on steam but it said "missing file privileges" and before that it said "disk writing error". The only thing is that if I tried to install the game on my...
  3. Missing File Privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing File Privileges: I'm sorry if this is not the best place to ask for help with Steam but I just really need help. I tried to install a game on steam but it said "missing file privileges" and before that it said "disk writing error". The only thing is that if I tried to install the game on my...
  4. Missing File Privileges

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lost Admin Privileges on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Admin Privileges on Windows 10: Hi. I'm not really sure how or why, but somewhere along the line, I lost admin privileges to my PC, on my own account. Given that I'm the only one that uses this PC, the only other account that exists is the encrypted "defaultuser0" account, which I don't have access to. Each...
  6. Windows 10 Admin Privilege

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Admin Privilege: Alright, so I just reset my windows 10 on my computer. The whole reason why I reset my computer was to actually have admin privileges that actually worked. Before I even reset my computer I was listed as an admin. Turns out that wasn't true at all. I don't know what I am...
  7. "insufficient privileges to modify the file"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "insufficient privileges to modify the file": I am trying to install Qustodio but get "insufficient privileges to modify the file" during the process, I am admin, can anyone help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insufficient-privileges-to-modify-the-file/4d50e1e8-9c93-423e-b703-6fa4d2ed4846
  8. Administrator Privileges with Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Privileges with Windows 10?: I recently bought a new device and am in the process of trying to remove unnecessary services Windows Defender Firewall, etc from starting up automatically and notice I don't have Administrator privileges. I'm the only one that has used this device, so not sure what's up....
  9. Moving, not replacing, files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving, not replacing, files in Windows 10: I recently moved a file to another folder which already contained a file of the same name. I expected to be given the option of renaming the file being moved or cancelling the move. Instead, the file was moved in to the folder and the 'old' file was replaced. How can I...
  10. Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Batch files not opening without admin privileges: Since the past few weeks my PC has been having this issue that whenever I open any batch file (*.bat) it gives me an error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I am signed...