Windows 10: Windows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive

Discus and support Windows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted my Documents folder - nothing in recovery bin - so I have run Windows 10 File recovery. It's nearly finished, but I am now told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidWest40, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive

I accidentally deleted my Documents folder - nothing in recovery bin - so I have run Windows 10 File recovery. It's nearly finished, but I am now told that the destination drive is full. The options are resume, skip and abort. How can I save the approx 300 files which have not been recovered?

:)

DavidWest40, Nov 18, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DWindows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DWindows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Nov 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Recovery drive error - Can't create a recovery drive on this PC

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Do you have enough space in your external drive or disk?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you created a recovery media previously on the computer?
    As per the issue description, it seems like you are unable to create a system image recovery driver using a USB drive on the computer as it prompts an error message “We cannot create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and try to create a recovery drive and check if it helps.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.

• When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select Next.

• Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.

• When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select Delete. If
      not, select Finish.
    You can also use Windows 10 media creation tool to troubleshoot problems when your PC can't start.

Here is the link:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 18, 2021
  4. hdjx Win User

Windows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive

Need data recovery help

EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard

Hello,
    I suggest you use EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover files.

Download demo version: EaseUS® Download Center - Free Download Data Recovery Software, Todo Backup Software, Partition Manager

You can use "AdvancedRecovery" to scan your corrupted drive. After the scan is complete, the lost file will be displayed in Data Recovery Wizard, you can select them and recover them.
    NOTICE: never install in on the harddisk you want to recover.

Thema:

Windows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive

1. Windows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive - Similar Threads - File recovery Insufficient

2. Windows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive: I accidentally deleted my Documents folder - nothing in recovery bin - so I have run Windows 10 File recovery. It's nearly finished, but I am now told that the destination drive is full. The options are resume, skip and abort. How can I save the approx 300 files which have...
  3. Windows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File recovery - Insufficient space on recovery drive: I accidentally deleted my Documents folder - nothing in recovery bin - so I have run Windows 10 File recovery. It's nearly finished, but I am now told that the destination drive is full. The options are resume, skip and abort. How can I save the approx 300 files which have...
  4. Recovery Drive is full! How to free up space on Recovery Drive in Windows 11/10?

in Windows 10 News
    Recovery Drive is full! How to free up space on Recovery Drive in Windows 11/10?: [IMG]Recovery Drive is a special partition on the hard drive, which usually contains all the required files that can fully restore your Windows PC in case your system becomes unstable for any reason. It is essential; why so? The answer is pretty simple! Unfortunately, if your...
  5. Windows 10 Recovery DVD Space?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Recovery DVD Space?: Hello! I ran across this screen telling me to insert a blank DVD. Do I need it to be 4.7 GB or 8? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recovery-dvd-space/ffcfb9e4-5cac-4da2-b862-66fab2913529
  6. Windows 10 Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Recovery Drive: I tried using a 32G drive to create a Recovery Drive. I used the instructions in Windows 10. But, I finally get the message "can't create recovery drive." What is the problem?...
  7. Recovery Drive D: out of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Drive D: out of space: I've been getting a note that Drive D; is running out of space. When I select Drive D: the only option is Help. I reduced Drive C: by 5GB but can't expand Drive D: Disk Management shows 260 MB Healthy Ef, WIndows C: 909.98 GB, 4.88 GTB Unallocated, 980 MB Healthy Recov,...
  8. insufficient disk space on mapped drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    insufficient disk space on mapped drive: User Desktop: Windows 10 Server: Windows Server 2012R User is getting "insufficient disk space" when trying to copy files to his Desktop. Have checked the server which had tons of space and no user profile quotas are setup so no sure why this is occurring.. Yesterday did...
  9. Space in Recovery Drive (D)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Space in Recovery Drive (D): My HP_RECOVERY (D) Drive has used 9.39 GB from 10.6 GB - is this normal and to be expected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/space-in-recovery-drive-d/b358918b-353e-43cd-a1f4-105e0d40e737
  10. Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.: My Recovery D is full and is all red . I had to do a recovery and it couldn't remove enough without destroying important and computer info. I do not want community please. I don't understand very well. **Title modified from: I have no recovery space it's all red***...