Windows 10: Windows 10 file sharing over home private network

Discus and support Windows 10 file sharing over home private network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to be able to access files on my office computer from my laptop. they are both on the same wifi network and I can see the others in network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rg_983, Mar 26, 2021.

1. rg_983 Win User

Windows 10 file sharing over home private network

I want to be able to access files on my office computer from my laptop. they are both on the same wifi network and I can see the others in network. When I click on the shared file I am told I do not have permission and to contact my administrator. What am I doing wrong?

:)

rg_983, Mar 26, 2021
  2. KCav45 Win User

How to share file access on private network

Hello dichia,

Thank you for replying to my post.

Here is what I didWindows 10 file sharing over home private network :eek:n 2 notebooks both running Windows 10 Professional version 2004 and connected to the Internet through Xfinety gateway router model Home F70A-5
    • cleaned, updated, turned on Windows Defender
    • ran Windows Resource Protection - found no integrity errors
    • verified WiFi settings on both PCs
      • Connected to a Private network
      • Directory Discovery is On
      • Automatic setup of network discovery is On
      • File and Printer sharing is On

What could be preventing File Sharing from working?

KCav45, Mar 26, 2021
  3. KCav45 Win User

Denis.

Thank you for clarifying - working on the check list you provided - will get back in touch with you soon - Life Is Good *Smile

KC

KCav45, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

I've worked through my own network setting up notes and posted A consolidated network setup checklist [post #108] - TenForumsTutorials

I thought providing a complete list would be more helpful than just posting additional steps as I initially did in post #6 above.

Denis

Thema:

1. Windows 10 file sharing over home private network - Similar Threads - file sharing home

2. File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home: Hi,I have windows 11 home edition. Trying to share a file over network to Azure data factory in integration run time. I have enabled the desktop sharing in the settingsTo share the file, clicked on properties but file sharing tab is not found.How do I share the file? What I...
  3. File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home: Hi,I have windows 11 home edition. Trying to share a file over network to Azure data factory in integration run time. I have enabled the desktop sharing in the settingsTo share the file, clicked on properties but file sharing tab is not found.How do I share the file? What I...
  4. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Steps to Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: These steps needs to be done on each Windows PC...
  5. File sharing over private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over private network: How do I enable password protected sharing only for public networks? I want to achieve free sharing for all computers on the private network no passwords necessary, but prevent any sharing on public networks. Is this impossible?...
  6. Can't share files over private network Windows 10

Can't share files over private network Windows 10: I have been having an intermittent problem sharing folders between two computers on my home private network. For the last 3 weekends, the connection between my two Windows 10 computers has been broken. In the past I was able to change the network sharing options to fix the...
  7. Windows 10, Media Player, Media sharing over private network.

Windows 10, Media Player, Media sharing over private network.: Video files and all other Media Player library contents are all available through "folder" search but none of the PLAYLISTS created in Media Player are visible to connected devices Smart TV's and Android devices. These have been visible in the past and i don't know of any...
  8. Sharing files over home network Windows 10

Sharing files over home network Windows 10: I have always been able to share over home network, one Windows 10 PC let's call it Bill and one Windows 8 Ben. Since replacing Windows 8 PC with new W10 I'll still call it Ben I am unable to access Ben from Bill, but fine the other way round. All permissions are set...
  9. Windows 10 to Windows 10 File Sharing over home network

Windows 10 to Windows 10 File Sharing over home network: Ever since Windows 10 update April 2018 came out and Homegroup was removed I have been unable to share files between my two Windows 10 computers over the home network. I tried again today. I am trying to let my wife access several photo folders on my computer. I go to her...
  10. File sharing over a home network

File sharing over a home network: Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files from one computer, a laptop connected to the network, with a desktop computer on the same network. I have not been able to...