Windows 10: Windows 10 file Sharing Permisions

Discus and support Windows 10 file Sharing Permisions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers both running the same version Windows 10. I shared files on my home network from both computers. When i view the network folder on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoyEiland, Jan 25, 2021.

1. RoyEiland Win User

Windows 10 file Sharing Permisions

I have two computers both running the same version Windows 10. I shared files on my home network from both computers. When i view the network folder on both computers the shared folders/files can be seen. On one of the computers all shared works as expected but on the other computer the shared folder gives an error saying I do not have permission to the files, see my admin.

When the file share was set up I gave permission to Everyone. Why do i keep getting the permission error?

:)

RoyEiland, Jan 25, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

File sharing between Windows 7 and Windows XP

You need to set the permisions, both on the share section, and the security tab. Also, Windows 7 requires the user account has a password to access the computer from the network.

newtekie1, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Windows 10 file Sharing Permisions

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

im trying to save a file to a folder located in program folder. but it says i do not have permision..... contact admin...... but i am the amdin of this computer! and it is the only account in this comp!

plzz help quick!!!!

nevermind.... got it.

HiddenStupid, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 file Sharing Permisions

1. Windows 10 file Sharing Permisions - Similar Threads - file Sharing Permisions

2. windows 10 permisions

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 permisions: I have an iso file but i cant mount or copy it.tried everything in the securitye tab but no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-permisions/35c3384f-cc18-459b-b43b-ba33464f0c9d
  3. windows 10 permisions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 permisions: I have an iso file but i cant mount or copy it.tried everything in the securitye tab but no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-permisions/35c3384f-cc18-459b-b43b-ba33464f0c9d
  4. windows 10 permisions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RegEdit permisions in Windows 10 64 bit.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RegEdit permisions in Windows 10 64 bit.: I have uninstalled Adobe Flash Player using the uninstall download from adobe but I still have the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions set. How can I remove this as access is denied despite having full control admin rights.?T.I.A.Nick...
  6. Windows 10 permisions problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 permisions problems: Hi all I'm just about tearing my hair out with this. I've read lots on changing permisions for individual folders but i'm just not getting anywhere. I must have spent 16-20 hours of work on this so far but got no where. As a result of an SSD failure i've had to rebuild my...
  7. File Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing in Windows 10: Hey, I'm having some issues with File Sharing over a network now. I have 2 computers: a desktop with Windows 10 Pro, a Laptop with W10Home, both logged in with the same Windows account. I was able to get a File Share up and running on my laptop, which can be accessed by any...
  8. File sharing on Windows 10

File sharing on Windows 10: I am trying to share files between a desktop and a laptop, both on Windows 10. Both computer names appear as being on the local network (displayed in "Network" on Windows File Explorer) on each machine. Attempting to access one from the other results in a request for...
  9. Windows 10 File Sharing

Windows 10 File Sharing: Hello, I'm currently using an old Windows 10 PC as a home file server, the server has one main share that all users can access, as well as personal shares that only the specified user can access. When I go to mount the server on my PC all the shares show up, I can't access...
  10. Permision needed to copy files

Permision needed to copy files: My PC has 2 HDD: one for OS and one for storage. When I try to play music from the storage HDD, I get message about permission needed from SysAdmin (0x80070005). If I try to copy the music to other HDD, again Win10 denies permission. Only problem with the music files....