Windows 10: Windows 10 file sharing problems

Discus and support Windows 10 file sharing problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Forum, I am Peter Xu and I have a problem with Windows 10 files sharing. I am using 2 Windows 10 laptops from Samsung. I have 3 routers, 2 Sitecom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PeterXu, Nov 23, 2019.

1. PeterXu Win User

Windows 10 file sharing problems

Hi Forum,

I am Peter Xu and I have a problem with Windows 10 files sharing.
    I am using 2 Windows 10 laptops from Samsung. I have 3 routers, 2 Sitecom X8 AC1750, and one TP-Link TL-WDR5620.
    I have a set of shared folders on both computers.
    Up to a few weeks ago, I was in the Netherlands, where I could share my folders on both laptops, using one of the Sitecom routers, linked via Ethernet cables, through the router.
    I am now in China, trying to share my folders on the same laptops, with my second identical Sitecom router, but cannot make them share. Spent about one week of research and testing, including support from Microsoft and Sitecom, but nothing works.
    However, when using my TP-Link router, plugged into one of the ports of the Sitemon, with Ethernet cables to the laptops, I can get Internet on the TP-Link AND I can share my folders, just as I could in the Netherlands. My WiFi on both laptops is disabled. But with the Sitecom router I can get Internet, but cannot share folders and files.

This is a mystery to me. The problem is not dramatic, because I can share folders with the TP-Link, but If anybody could help, I would appreciate.

Thanks,

Peter

:)

PeterXu, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2019
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 file sharing problems

windows 10 version 1709 - file sharing problem

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to refer article for sharing files over a network:

Click here

To share files over file explorer refer to the article:

Click here

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 file sharing problems

1. Windows 10 file sharing problems - Similar Threads - file sharing problems

2. File Sharing Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing Problems: I need to share all my files on my PC and two Laptops but I am having problems with my new Laptop. As with my previous Laptop which failed and had to be replaced I cannot get the section including "Always keep on the device" on One Drive. A simple answer was given previously...
  3. File Sharing problems

File Sharing problems: I am connecting my Mac and PC to share files between the two. I have everything set up. I can see the server I can connect to it. But i cannot sign into it. it is asking for a password to a user that while it matches me does not match my username or password of the computer i...
  4. Windows 10 file sharing permissions problems

Windows 10 file sharing permissions problems: I am trying to share folders between two laptop computers on the same network. I do not want to use OneDrive, just want to use Windows File Sharing. The network is set to type "private" on both machines. Neither laptop is on a domain. One is running Windows 10 Pro...
  5. File sharing problem

File sharing problem: I have two PCs on a router at home. They the only thing connected to the router. I try to share files between the two. Let's call them A and B. Both have been updated to the latest Win Pro 10. From A, I can see the files shared by B, however, on B I can not see the files...
  6. Windows 10 file sharing problems

Windows 10 file sharing problems: Hi Forum, I am Peter Xu and I have a problem with Windows 10 files sharing. I am using 2 Windows 10 laptops from Samsung. I have 3 routers, 2 Sitecom X8 AC1750, and one TP-Link TL-WDR5620. I have a set of shared folders on both computers. Up to a few weeks ago, I was in the...
  7. Windows 10 networking/file sharing problems

Windows 10 networking/file sharing problems: I recently upgraded a couple of computers on my network that were running Windows 7 to Windows 10. I also had another computer running Windows 7 replaced with a new computer running Windows 10. I have 5 computers total on my home wired network. One computer runs Windows 10...
  8. File sharing problem

File sharing problem: I use Windows 10, version 1709 and have seen a file sharing problem for the last few weeks. The shared files are displayed but sometimes some files like MS Office and pdf format are slow to open....
  9. Problems configuring file share

Problems configuring file share: Hello looking for some help, I have two computers on my network, a desktop and a laptop. I want to be able to share all the files on my secondary hard drive on my desktop and all the files on my main drive on my laptop. So I had the network setup and the drives shared and...
  10. Printer Problems and File Share Problems

Printer Problems and File Share Problems: After upgrading to Windows 10 I had printer problems with my wireless HP printer. I could print from the laptop but not the desktop. The desktop installation had deleted the IP address to the printer. I had to re-install it from disk and do some tinkering. Now both printers...