Windows 10: Windows 10 file sorting not working correctly

Discus and support Windows 10 file sorting not working correctly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently after some Windows Update my display language was changed to "Swedish Sweden" for whatever reason even though I've always had mine in English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rage333, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Rage333 Win User

Windows 10 file sorting not working correctly

Recently after some Windows Update my display language was changed to "Swedish Sweden" for whatever reason even though I've always had mine in English with Swedish QWERTY keyboard input.

After I changed back the display language to English I noticed the sorting of Å, Ä and Ö were wrong, so I took a closer look and changed from "English United Kingdom" to "English Sweden", but the sorting is still wrong.

All I found on this issue was someone telling a user to send feedback to Microsoft to create a feature to have different sorting from your display language, but English display language has no reason to not have the correct sorting for your region. Not only that, but I checked on our servers on which I browse the files and they have the whole interface in English but with correct Swedish sorting of Å, Ä and Ö.

How to fix this? The most recent update I've found in Windows update that isn't a .NET or virus definition is the now-infamous KB4535996.

:)

Rage333, Mar 13, 2020
  2. mnhgolf Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Numerical Sorting

Windows 10 Pro - Version 1903

Numerical sorting is turned on in group policy editor. Files are not sorting correctly. Decimal numbers are listed after whole numbers. Folders are sorting correctly. Number lists in Microsoft Office 2013 Word & Excel sort correctly. What could be causing this? Thanks.

Windows 10 file sorting not working correctly [​IMG]

mnhgolf, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 file sorting not working correctly

Windows 10 File Explorer Numerical Sorting

Windows 10 Pro - Version 1903

Numerical sorting is turned on in group policy editor. Files are not sorting correctly. Decimal numbers are listed after whole numbers. Folders are sorting correctly. Number lists in Microsoft Office 2013 Word & Excel sort correctly. What could be
    causing this? Thanks.

Windows 10 file sorting not working correctly dce912be-f13a-4710-8e3c-40cdd2ebc0ad?upload=true.png

MikeKnight3, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 file sorting not working correctly

1. Windows 10 file sorting not working correctly - Similar Threads - file sorting working

2. Windows file explorer not sorting correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer not sorting correctly: Win 8.1. in the downloads folder, I select sort by Modified date. I unzipped today a file. The resultant unzipped file with today's modified date shows up sorted with files of a much earlier modified date ,...
  3. Windows file explorer not sorting correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer not sorting correctly: Win 8.1. in the downloads folder, I select sort by Modified date. I unzipped today a file. The resultant unzipped file with today's modified date shows up sorted with files of a much earlier modified date ,...
  4. Photos not sorting correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos not sorting correctly: When I use an app like Photos to browse through pics in a folder, it does not respect the sorting order I want. Moreover, if I start from a pic down the list and I want to see the next pic, the viewer jumps all the way back to the top and starts from the first pic. I can't...
  5. Photos not sorting correctly

Photos not sorting correctly: When I use an app like Photos to browse through pics in a folder, it does not respect the sorting order I want. Moreover, if I start from a pic down the list and I want to see the next pic, the viewer jumps all the way back to the top and starts from the first pic. I can't...
  6. Win 11 File Explorer file sort correct folder sort incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer file sort correct folder sort incorrect: I don't understand why folder names sort ones before zeroes, example:All else being equal, I expect the sort order to run 01, 02, 03, 04, etc.Files inside folders sort by file name as expected....
  7. Win 11 File Explorer file sort correct folder sort incorrect

Win 11 File Explorer file sort correct folder sort incorrect: I don't understand why folder names sort ones before zeroes, example:All else being equal, I expect the sort order to run 01, 02, 03, 04, etc.Files inside folders sort by file name as expected....
  8. Filename sorting doesn't work correctly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Filename sorting doesn't work correctly in Windows 10: This is definately a bug... When sorting filenames in ascending order, why a space character has a lower value than a null character? For example, this is what I get: File A.txt File.txt FileA.txt or File - Copy.c File.c PS: I've already tried changing the...
  9. Is it possible to hierarchically sort files and folders correctly?

Is it possible to hierarchically sort files and folders correctly?: I have files and folders having names following a symbol separated numerical hierarchy, like version numbers. When I sort these by name in the ascending order the result is like this: [ATTACH] This seems irrational to me. Parents always come after their children. I've...
  10. Sort by date not working correctly

Sort by date not working correctly: i recently updated to windows 10 from 8.1 and the sort by date in the downloads folder is failing miserably, files that are downloaded are appearing in the middle of the folder or even at the last and in random locations, this is really frustrating and i tried all sort by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file sorting