Windows 10: Windows 10 File System Error when opening graphics files

Discus and support Windows 10 File System Error when opening graphics files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a clean Windows 10 Pro 64-bit install on a home-built system (ASUS Sabertooth X99 with an i7). When attempting to open graphics files (JPG,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Orphic1, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Orphic1 Win User

Windows 10 File System Error when opening graphics files

This is a clean Windows 10 Pro 64-bit install on a home-built system (ASUS Sabertooth X99 with an i7). When attempting to open graphics files (JPG, GIF, etc) this is the error that pops up:

File System Error (-2147098360)

Windows 10 File System Error when opening graphics files [​IMG]

:)

Orphic1, Aug 17, 2015

2. Getting file system error (-2145042388) when opening any image on windows 10 PC

Thanks for your reply.

1. The problem is basically with image files of all formats like .jpg, .png or .jpeg. The problem occurs with .pdf files too if I open them in the store app "Adobe Reader Touch". They open normally in the "Adobe Acrobat DC" but with a delay.

2. Currently the issue is with the image and PDF files. But by the time this issue has started my PC has also slowed down. The sttartup and shutdown time has increased and shows a blue loading screen at startup.

I have tried both methods but both didn't worke.

ShoaibNaiyer, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Getting file system error (-2145042388) when opening any image on windows 10 PC

Hi Shoaib,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Based on the issue description, it appears that you are getting a File System Error message (-2145042388) while trying to access video or photo file. I will be glad to help you.

I need more information for better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the format of the files?

2. Is the issue happening with a particular file or set of files?

To diagnose the issue, I suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Save the file to different location

Try saving the file to different location on your computer and check if the issue occurs while accessing it.

Method 2: Run System File Checker (SFC)

Run the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker tool, also know as "System File Checker" or "sfc".

This tool scans and verifies the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct versions.

1. PressWindows key + X, click
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, sfc /scannow
    and then press Enter.

3. Wait until the process completes. This usually doesn’t take longer than 20 minutes with a regular hard disk and takes much shorter when you have a fast SSD drive.

4. Restart your computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Looey Win User

Have you tried to change the default viewer?

Looey, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Orphic1 Win User
    Not yet, will give that a try. Thanks!

Orphic1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 File System Error when opening graphics files - Similar Threads - File System Error

2. file system error -2147219196 opening pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file system error -2147219196 opening pictures: Windows 10, Microsoft Photo App fails to open pictures, fails with file system error -2147219196.I have:> used the reset procedure for the app> performed the RegEdit solution for the error> Performed a repair install of Windows 10> Used Powershell to uninstall the...
  3. File system error when opening *.png files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File system error when opening *.png files?: Hey, As of today, when I open a *.png file, the message appears: *file + path* File system error (-2143322102) I have not installed or downloaded anything before, let alone changed anything on the system or the like. The file format *.png is set to the program...
  4. Unable to open Photo files - File System Error -2147219196

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open Photo files - File System Error -2147219196: Receiving this error when trying to open .jpg photos: Unable to open Photo files - File System Error -2147219196 I have tried repairing and resetting the application. Anyone experienced this and if so is there a permanent solution?...
  5. Photo's Not opening in windows 10, file system error (-2147219196)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo's Not opening in windows 10, file system error (-2147219196): Photo's Not opening in windows 10, file system error (-2147219196), The only place I can view them is thru office Libre. Which is not a preferred place to view. When right clicking to (open file with), Windows does not even show up....
  6. file system is not opened

file system is not opened: why does it say file system is not open when i try to save something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/file-system-is-not-opened/5fb9d779-cdd5-4308-ac91-9a0bfa2ba10e
  7. Windows 10 system - Open file session on file server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 system - Open file session on file server: I we have windows 2008 file server - where one of windows 10 system - even is should down - it shows open file session on file server. Is their any update of patch for windows 10 which can fix this issue. It will be a great help for me . Tushar Joshi...
  8. Error when trying to open an image file in Windows 10.

Error when trying to open an image file in Windows 10.: Hello, so all of the sudden whenever I try to open an image file i get the following error message: C:\Users\[my username]\Desktop\[file's name] File system error (-2147219196). This error only seems to happen when I'm trying to open the image with the default windows 10...
  9. Error when trying to open an image file in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error when trying to open an image file in windows 10.: Hello, so all of the sudden whenever I try to open an image file i get the following error message: C:\Users"my username"\Desktop"file's name" File system error (-2147219196) . Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Regards. 114392
  10. "File System Error" on opening Image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "File System Error" on opening Image files: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I encounter a problem recently that when I open any image file, Photos app opens and closes with a flash and showing this error on all kind of pictures. [ATTACH] One change I have observed it that a new app auto installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File system error (-2145042388)

2. Erreur système fichier Windows 2145042388

3. how to fix file system error (-2145042388)

4. how to fix file system error 2145042388