Windows 10: Windows 10 File thumbnails not loading

Discus and support Windows 10 File thumbnails not loading in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a new PC but I am encountering a problem I didn't experience with my other one. Image thumbnails in file explorer whether JPEG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TobiAjala, Nov 7, 2018.

1. TobiAjala Win User

Windows 10 File thumbnails not loading

Hello, I recently bought a new PC but I am encountering a problem I didn't experience with my other one. Image thumbnails in file explorer whether JPEG or PNG are not loading they are just blank. I have tried many tips like unchecking "Always show icons, never thumbnails".

I have included a screenshot to better show my problem: http://prntscr.com/lfi549

:)

TobiAjala, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Peels Win User

No thumbnail for .JPG file, while thumbnail shows up for .jpg file

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried it, and even updated my Windows 10, but sadly, still the same issue.

It loads the thumbnail, but disappears within 0.5seconds for all .JPG file; I can see thumbnails for .jpg files.

Peels, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 File thumbnails not loading - Similar Threads - File thumbnails loading

2. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer: HEIC file thumbnails load slowly. Every time I open a folder, they pop up sequentially and often times this takes a while and can be frustrating when trying to move quickly through folders. I work around this by changing the folders setting to details only. The drawback is I...
  3. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer: HEIC file thumbnails load slowly. Every time I open a folder, they pop up sequentially and often times this takes a while and can be frustrating when trying to move quickly through folders. I work around this by changing the folders setting to details only. The drawback is I...
  4. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Image thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Image thumbnails not loading: Hello,A few days ago my laptop went bluescreen and restarted itself. Afterward, it became slow going through folders and files, windows become not responding a lot. Meanwhile, program icons always failed to load, often reappear after refresh. Image thumbnails stopped...
  6. File thumbnails not loading properly.

File thumbnails not loading properly.: Hey my files are not loading the image thumbnails, are there any fixes to this problem? I have tried clear the cache and that's about it. Thanks in advance....
  7. Windows Explorer not loading thumbnails, files and drives?

Windows Explorer not loading thumbnails, files and drives?: Windows Explorer on my Windows 10 machine has suddenly stopped functioning properly. Thumbnails now do not appear, replaced by white placeholders. My drives sometimes do not appear at all when in "This PC" - it just shows "Working on it..." with a green bar that never loads...
  8. windows 10 thumbnails won't load

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 thumbnails won't load: - UNCHECKED always load icons not thumbnails doesn't work - deleting Thumbnails data base doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-wont-load/80af5b58-0cc1-4fae-9b54-2daa040996c1
  9. File Explorer: Issues loading thumbnails, loading times, and more

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Issues loading thumbnails, loading times, and more: I'm having a bizarre problem on my Windows 10 PC. For some reason, lots of image thumbnails won't load (particularly PNG files and AVI files), which is extremely frustrating. Sometimes it shows the file type icon, sometimes a generic file icon, and something literally...
  10. Asking about file thumbnail loading in 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Asking about file thumbnail loading in 1709: Every day after I opened my system and sometimes rebooted it, I found this happening tQI_wKmzAaI in old versions like 1511, 1607 & 1703 I set it for 1 time only and also each time i reopening any folder i don't found that loading 98270

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnails not loading windows 10

2. thumbnail pictures not loading windows 10

3. rif files thumbnails issues