Windows 10: Windows 10 -File Viewer- PDF "This file can't be previewed".

Discus and support Windows 10 -File Viewer- PDF "This file can't be previewed". in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know if this is a recent update or what, but I can no longer preview PDFs in Microsoft File Viewer. I tried all the fixes I found online,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Trina Standridge, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Windows 10 -File Viewer- PDF "This file can't be previewed".

I don't know if this is a recent update or what, but I can no longer preview PDFs in Microsoft File Viewer. I tried all the fixes I found online, (settings related), and none of them have worked. When I did make settings changes, it gave me the "green bar of death", that took FOREVER. So I removed the recommended settings changes and reverted them back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe with no avail. Please help. I use this everyday at work. I have to be able to preview my PDFs. Thank you! Trina

:)

Trina Standridge, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

No PDF viewer in File explorer preview pane

Hi Steve,

Conflicts with the program settings is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to view the PDF preview in the File Explorer Preview Pane. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread,
    and go to the post that was provided by Michalis_Georgiou
    on October 24, 2017 in the 2nd page, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Previewing files

Hello DE906,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the PDF viewer that you're using?

Meanwhile, if you're using Adobe Acrobat; I'd recommend performing the steps in this
    article
    to enable thumbnail preview of PDF's in Windows Explorer.

Also, you can check this article
    for the .docx issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Windows 10 -File Viewer- PDF "This file can't be previewed".

pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

thanks for suggestion. i tried both, but neither worked. even with using Edge as pdf reader, and resetting and restarting, pdf previews in explorer, regardless of which default pdf viewer used, resulted in very small window in preview pane.

StephenKlotz, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 -File Viewer- PDF "This file can't be previewed".

1. Windows 10 -File Viewer- PDF "This file can't be previewed". - Similar Threads - File Viewer PDF

2. PDF Viewer - Preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Viewer - Preview: I don't like Adobe Reader so I installed another PDF Viewer/Editor. However it is now impossible to get a preview of the file in File Explorer. Why is that? Is it even legal that the functionality is impaired unless users use a third- parties software even if they don't want...
  3. PDF Viewer - Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Viewer - Preview: I don't like Adobe Reader so I installed another PDF Viewer/Editor. However it is now impossible to get a preview of the file in File Explorer. Why is that? Is it even legal that the functionality is impaired unless users use a third- parties software even if they don't want...
  4. This file can't be previewed error for PDF files using Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This file can't be previewed error for PDF files using Windows 11: When I look at Windows 11 file explorer with preview pane turned on and showing for other other types of files, I get a "This file can't be previewed" message where the PDF file previews should be. Other file types are previewed as expected....
  5. This file can't be previewed error for PDF files using Windows 11

This file can't be previewed error for PDF files using Windows 11: When I look at Windows 11 file explorer with preview pane turned on and showing for other other types of files, I get a "This file can't be previewed" message where the PDF file previews should be. Other file types are previewed as expected....
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...: Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed correctly. Up until recently this worked perfectly. I have checked settings in both File Explorer "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is NOT set and Acrobat Reader "Enable PDF thumbnail...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...: Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed correctly. Up until recently this worked perfectly. I have checked settings in both File Explorer "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is NOT set and Acrobat Reader "Enable PDF thumbnail...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer: Edge PDF Viewer popup when previewing PDF with fillable forms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer: Edge PDF Viewer popup when previewing PDF with fillable forms: We have a user that has started to get this popup when previewing PDF's with fillable forms, clicking OK makes it go away and allows document to preview. We have Adobe Reader latest version installed and set as default PDF viewer. User wants to know if this window can be...
  10. Windows 10 File Explorer: Edge PDF Viewer popup when previewing PDF with fillable forms

Windows 10 File Explorer: Edge PDF Viewer popup when previewing PDF with fillable forms: We have a user that has started to get this popup when previewing PDF's with fillable forms, clicking OK makes it go away and allows document to preview. We have Adobe Reader latest version installed and set as default PDF viewer. User wants to know if this window can be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this file cant be previewed pdf

2. this file cant be previewed windows 10

3. this file cannot be previewed pdf

4. this file cant be previewed,
  5. this file cant be previewed pdf windows 10,
  6. why cant pdf be previewed,
  7. pdf cannot be previewed in file explorer,
  8. file cant be previewed,
  9. pdf this file cant be previewed,
  10. the file cant be previewed,
  11. outlook the file cannot be previewed pdf edge,