Windows 10: Windows 10 Filehistory.exe

Discus and support Windows 10 Filehistory.exe in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Filehistory.exe loads and runs in background whenever I boot. This causes the monitor to not go to sleep. The file history service is disabled so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DavidHecht21117, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Filehistory.exe

Filehistory.exe loads and runs in background whenever I boot. This causes the monitor to not go to sleep. The file history service is disabled so I don’t need the filehistory.exe to run. I can stop the program from running by ending it in task manager. This is a new problem after the January update. Any ideas what is causing this to happen and how can I permanently fix?Thanks

:)

DavidHecht21117, Feb 25, 2022

2. FileHistory stops working

Hello

In have FileHistory backup not working correctly.

After my desktop backup for the portioned drives C: and D: stopped say 6 weeks ago. I have tried a number of suggestions from the form but have not got things working until yesterday 27/6/2020.

After using the same USB extension drive to back up my laptop which worked.

I tried the same usb derive with the desktop and found that by selecting the drive as new a new list of folders to be backedup was created only for drive C: and the FileHistory back up worked again.

Now IF I add any folder on derive D: to the backup list FileHistory stops working.

If I remove the D: related folder FileHistory works again.

When FileHistory stops working event viewer shows the 1st error message .

In the past when FileHistory didn't work EV showed both errors.

Unable to scan user librariles for changes and perform backup.

C:\Users\pflet\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

File/directory was not backed up due to being encrypted or insefficent permissions.

D:\System Volume Information.

As enyone seen this?

Could this be the System volume information folder on D: ?

Can this folder be replaced / repaired ? I carn't see it being encrypted. Dont Know about permissions.

Thanks in advance. Paul

PaulFletcherSG, Feb 25, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2022
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Filehistory.exe

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Filehistory.exe

1. Windows 10 Filehistory.exe - Similar Threads - Filehistory exe

2. Help with backing up files using FileHistory that are also syncing with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with backing up files using FileHistory that are also syncing with OneDrive: I recently used Onedrive to sync my desktop files online. This somewhat annoyingly changed all paths for my files and directories to include 'OneDrive'. That didn't seem to be too much of a problem. But now, when I try to back up my system with FileHistory, the directories...
  3. Help with backing up files using FileHistory that are also syncing with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with backing up files using FileHistory that are also syncing with OneDrive: I recently used Onedrive to sync my desktop files online. This somewhat annoyingly changed all paths for my files and directories to include 'OneDrive'. That didn't seem to be too much of a problem. But now, when I try to back up my system with FileHistory, the directories...
  4. Help with backing up files using FileHistory that are also syncing with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. FileHistory does not allow me to transfer my personal files from my external drive to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FileHistory does not allow me to transfer my personal files from my external drive to my...: Hello Here's my issue : I have a backup drive containing files from my old Windows 10 computer that were saved using FileHistory. Now that I've changed computers and have a new drive and Windows 11 install, I tried to get the files back to my computer but the FileHistory tool...
  6. FileHistory does not allow me to transfer my personal files from my external drive to my...

FileHistory does not allow me to transfer my personal files from my external drive to my...: Hello Here's my issue : I have a backup drive containing files from my old Windows 10 computer that were saved using FileHistory. Now that I've changed computers and have a new drive and Windows 11 install, I tried to get the files back to my computer but the FileHistory tool...
  7. FileHistory Talking to VPN Server

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    FileHistory Talking to VPN Server: I recently tried using several VPN server services, now all uninstalled. Over the last few days, I've battled with the Proxy settings getting automatically enabled, it appears that I now have that under control. However, I've now noticed that my screen is being prevented from...
  8. FileHistory Talking to VPN Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FileHistory Talking to VPN Server: I recently tried using several VPN server services, now all uninstalled. Over the last few days, I've battled with the Proxy settings getting automatically enabled, it appears that I now have that under control. However, I've now noticed that my screen is being prevented from...
  9. FileHistory Talking to VPN Server

10. FileHistory no s'executa

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FileHistory no s'executa: Bona tarda,File History no s'executa.El log em dóna el següent error: FileHistory message: Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration...