Windows 10: Windows 10 Files and Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Files and Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a program that will backup windows 10 files and settings like windows easy transfer that was in windows 7. 38109 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NIK1, Jan 19, 2016.

1. NIK1 Win User

Windows 10 Files and Settings

Is there a program that will backup windows 10 files and settings like windows easy transfer that was in windows 7.

:)

2. Where do I allow specific programs for Windows 10 Family Safety?

Family safety has changed a lot and is not as useful as before. I do not see any way to allow or block applications. Online usage and computer is almost unrestricted. Monitoring time usage is also difficult.

"For apps & games, we've simplified how restrictions are set. You can choose an age setting for them, and based on that, they'll be able to only download apps and games that have been rated appropriate for their age. "

Apps are unrestricted because most have no age limit.

Passwords and Settings, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Family Safety

I assume the problem is from corrupt family settings files. It does not seem that the old win7/8 files are transferred or compatible with win10.

Passwords and Settings, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Files and Settings

Logging in with a Microsoft account should back these settings up to a cloud. I wouldn't trust any 3rd party software to do so.

DeaconFrost, Jan 19, 2016
  5. Yes! third party software available to solve out problem.

rollinsduke, Jan 19, 2016
  6. rezpower Win User
    best thing for me has been to make an image of my windows once it has been installed and perfectly customized with AOMEI backuper (its free) and restore when ever I have a problem.

rezpower, Jan 19, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    Yes, I'm a fan of AOMEI too, but I don't think this will work if the OP is looking to transfer files to a different computer. If the question is just how to back up their current system, then yes, AOMEI, Macrium Reflect and even EaseUS works pretty well. You also have a built in imaging as well.

b1rd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Files and Settings

1. Windows 10 Files and Settings - Similar Threads - Files Settings

2. i changed the privacy settings on a windows apps so i can have acces to the files but after...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i changed the privacy settings on a windows apps so i can have acces to the files but after...: i changed the privacy settings on a windows apps so i can have acces to the files but after that i couldnt open any microsoft app but i could read the files. After i did format in order to work my WindowsApps file changed name to ModifiedWindowsApps and i cant open the files...
  3. i changed the privacy settings on a windows apps so i can have acces to the files but after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i changed the privacy settings on a windows apps so i can have acces to the files but after...: i changed the privacy settings on a windows apps so i can have acces to the files but after that i couldnt open any microsoft app but i could read the files. After i did format in order to work my WindowsApps file changed name to ModifiedWindowsApps and i cant open the files...
  4. i changed the privacy settings on a windows apps so i can have acces to the files but after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can't I set a default App for .bat files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I set a default App for .bat files?: I have read this question, as I also use vim for my editinghttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-default-app-for-filetypes-not-listed/b01cb589-f8e2-4186-a0f6-02ee0f15babeand searched and you can change the default open app for .bat files but have...
  6. Why can't I set a default App for .bat files?

Why can't I set a default App for .bat files?: I have read this question, as I also use vim for my editinghttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-default-app-for-filetypes-not-listed/b01cb589-f8e2-4186-a0f6-02ee0f15babeand searched and you can change the default open app for .bat files but have...
  7. My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...: I was using my computer was on Windows 10, when it all of a sudden did a complete reset. This reset wiped everything - documents, apps, settings, etc. - so it is basically a brand new computer. Also during the reset it appears to have updated to Windows 11. Is there any way...
  8. My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...

My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...: I was using my computer was on Windows 10, when it all of a sudden did a complete reset. This reset wiped everything - documents, apps, settings, etc. - so it is basically a brand new computer. Also during the reset it appears to have updated to Windows 11. Is there any way...
  9. How can I access settings in the web.config file from a Native C++ IIS Module?

How can I access settings in the web.config file from a Native C++ IIS Module?: I'm writing a IIS Module in C++ and I need to get settings from the web.config file located in the root folder of the IIS Application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-settings-in-the-webconfig-file/0abef3d2-a891-44c7-8d9a-321936200b74
  10. How can I access settings in the web.config file from a Native C++ IIS Module?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access settings in the web.config file from a Native C++ IIS Module?: I'm writing a IIS Module in C++ and I need to get settings from the web.config file located in the root folder of the IIS Application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-settings-in-the-webconfig-file/0abef3d2-a891-44c7-8d9a-321936200b74