Windows 10: Windows 10 Files and Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Files and Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a program that will backup windows 10 files and settings like windows easy transfer that was in windows 7. 38109 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NIK1, Jan 19, 2016.

1. NIK1 Win User

Windows 10 Files and Settings

Is there a program that will backup windows 10 files and settings like windows easy transfer that was in windows 7.

:)

2. Where do I allow specific programs for Windows 10 Family Safety?

Family safety has changed a lot and is not as useful as before. I do not see any way to allow or block applications. Online usage and computer is almost unrestricted. Monitoring time usage is also difficult.

"For apps & games, we've simplified how restrictions are set. You can choose an age setting for them, and based on that, they'll be able to only download apps and games that have been rated appropriate for their age. "

Apps are unrestricted because most have no age limit.

Passwords and Settings, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Family Safety

I assume the problem is from corrupt family settings files. It does not seem that the old win7/8 files are transferred or compatible with win10.

Passwords and Settings, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Files and Settings

Logging in with a Microsoft account should back these settings up to a cloud. I wouldn't trust any 3rd party software to do so.

DeaconFrost, Jan 19, 2016
  5. Yes! third party software available to solve out problem.

rollinsduke, Jan 19, 2016
  6. rezpower Win User
    best thing for me has been to make an image of my windows once it has been installed and perfectly customized with AOMEI backuper (its free) and restore when ever I have a problem.

rezpower, Jan 19, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    Yes, I'm a fan of AOMEI too, but I don't think this will work if the OP is looking to transfer files to a different computer. If the question is just how to back up their current system, then yes, AOMEI, Macrium Reflect and even EaseUS works pretty well. You also have a built in imaging as well.

b1rd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Files and Settings

1. Windows 10 Files and Settings - Similar Threads - Files Settings

2. Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files: I am trying to follow these steps to set up a recovery disc onto a 128-GB flash drive. I am in Administrator mode. If I check the "back up systems files to the recovery drive" option, selecting to proceed, and waiting for a few minutes, the recovery drive creator won't let me...
  3. Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10: How do you set the default windows view to list? I've seen similar posts but like other users the default list view does not seem to stick [instead details view always comes back]....
  4. Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files: I am trying to follow these steps to set up a recovery disc onto a 128-GB flash drive. I am in Administrator mode. If I check the "back up systems files to the recovery drive" option, selecting to proceed, and waiting for a few minutes, the recovery drive creator won't let me...
  5. External drive seen in file mnanager but not in back up settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External drive seen in file mnanager but not in back up settings: I would like to use an external drive for backin up my files, the drive is seen in file manager but when go the the backup settings it is not seen - is there a work around for this issue?...
  6. How to backup Windows 10 settings NOT files?

How to backup Windows 10 settings NOT files?: Hi there, I'd like to know how Windows 10 settings can be backed up for later restoration. I already do that for files, but settings aren't yet backed up. For work efficiency purposes, I first install all my common applications and settings, and would like to know how I...
  7. How to automate a set of commands by executing a file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automate a set of commands by executing a file?: Like for example if I'm watching a video and I want to take a screenshot after every 3 minutes or if I want some things done automatically after I start my system etc. How do I do it? submitted by /u/samuraisol98 [link] [comments]...
  8. Upgrade installation failure: "your files apps and settings can't be kept because you're...

Upgrade installation failure: "your files apps and settings can't be kept because you're...: I have been attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. Unfortunately, when it comes time to "Choose what to keep", the choice to keep my Apps, Settings, and Files is grayed out, and not selectable. The explanation as to why I can't select that option is at...
  9. setting file permissions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    setting file permissions: Is there a way of doing "chmod 600" and "chmod 700" on Windows 10? I need to set these permissions for the key pair I need to make ssh passwordless. I've looked at answers posted here but none are very recent and seems very manual and tedious. There is no command? Ideally,...
  10. Need help to write a batch file to update proxy settings in internet options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help to write a batch file to update proxy settings in internet options: I want to go to Internet Options -> Connections Tab -> LAN Settings -> Enable "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox -> Click on "Advanced" button -> Add my sites in Exceptions -> Click OK -> OK -> OK. Basically I want to turn on proxy with desired exceptions. Can...