Windows 10: Windows 10 Files Downloaded, but no installation

Discus and support Windows 10 Files Downloaded, but no installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All My PC has downloaded all of the Windows 10 installation files in the $Windows.~BT folder, but I have not had any installation notices. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by devilsmania, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Files Downloaded, but no installation

Hi All

My PC has downloaded all of the Windows 10 installation files in the $Windows.~BT folder, but I have not had any installation notices. Does anybody know how to initiate the installation?

I've read not to click the setup application in the $Windows.~BT folder as this will apparently make the files disappear.

I'm based in the UK and Windows 10 was released at midnight here a few hours ago.

Thanks
    Richard

:)

devilsmania, Jul 28, 2015

2. WINDOWS 10 INSTALLATION FILES DOWNLOADED BUT NO NOTIFICATION

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• What is the make & model of the computer?
    • Which is the OS installed?
    I would suggest you to follow the below link.

The "Get Windows 10" app doesn’t appear in Windows 7 or 8.1.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081048

Also refer to the below link.

How to: Fix Windows 10 Setup Failure

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 28, 2015
  3. WINDOWS 10 INSTALLATION FILES DOWNLOADED BUT NO NOTIFICATION

Yesterday I noticed the hidden windows bt folder on my pc and its size was continously increasing after my pc got connected to the internet. I know that its the hidden folder for windows 10 installation. i was from time to time checking the folder to see
    that whether its downloading or not. During the night it stopped increasing its size and after that didnt even used my internet data.I think its finished downloading but i am not getting the notification of windows 10 on my pc. What should i do? the folders
    size is 6.01 GB and size on disk is 4.44 GB.

arvindtiwari_759, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Files Downloaded, but no installation

I'm in the USA; my notice came up just before 7 PM Eastern Time, and my computer is already upgraded. My daughter's laptop is downloading the update now; still waiting on the notice to proceed. My upgrade on my computer (Windows 7 Pro) went easily and painlessly, and hopefully her laptop (Windows 8.1) will too.

squigglyanne, Jul 28, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    I have no knowledge about how things will proceed. Just curious: what do you see when you launch the Windows Update control panel?

I have the Win 10 upgrade reserved on my Win 8.1 system, and I get a window that mentions that when I launch WU. Whether there's anyway to circumvent the need for notification once the upgrader files have been downloaded and after it's officially 29 July local time, I have no idea.

bobkn, Jul 28, 2015
  6. krappo Win User
    I have the same and waiting for next step *Smile

krappo, Jul 28, 2015
  7. krappo Win User
    It finally started to upgrade on its own doing.

And its all up and running and so far it looks the goods *Smile

krappo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Files Downloaded, but no installation

1. Windows 10 Files Downloaded, but no installation - Similar Threads - Files Downloaded installation

2. Windows 10 File Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Download: I don't know how to turn a file into an app or download the game from the file, I really need to find out how there is no option for this and no videos or tutorials. Can someone please tell me how to download the game from a file?...
  3. Windows 10 File Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Download: I don't know how to turn a file into an app or download the game from the file, I really need to find out how there is no option for this and no videos or tutorials. Can someone please tell me how to download the game from a file?...
  4. Windows 10 Download/Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Download/Install: Good evening, I had to do a complete wipe on my computer because I changed out the motherboard and when I booted up it would not load properly so I downloaded a bootable copy of windows 10 from Microsoft website onto a USB thumb drive and booted and it reinstalled windows pro...
  5. Windows 10 Download/Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Download/Install: Good evening, I had to do a complete wipe on my computer because I changed out the motherboard and when I booted up it would not load properly so I downloaded a bootable copy of windows 10 from Microsoft website onto a USB thumb drive and booted and it reinstalled windows pro...
  6. Windows 10 Download/Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Downloaded Windows Update Files and install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downloaded Windows Update Files and install: Hello Experts, Is it possible to locate the downloaded update files? [img] copy them to other windows 10 pc/laptop and install the update? Pls advise. 168016
  8. Auto install of downloaded files in Download folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto install of downloaded files in Download folder.: How do you stop the auto installation of downloaded files in the Download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-install-of-downloaded-files-in-download/3cf2007b-164a-47df-b7a9-705636d695dc
  9. Installation files won't download

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installation files won't download: Every time I try to download installation files from known sources, including DropBox, Microsoft, etc, I get a message stating that the *.exe file contains a virus and was deleted. I can't install Office or DropBox or any other useful file, turning this laptop into a useless...
  10. is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?: i see there are multiple files leftover after windows downloaded "update patches".. and they are taking up a lot of space..because some files are over 500MB. would like to "reclaim space"*Shock 75010