Windows 10: Windows 10 files/loders select all need help !!!

Discus and support Windows 10 files/loders select all need help !!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, since i made the mistake to upgrate to Creators i have this issue with the file selection !!! If anyone can help please let me know here we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dsch, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Dsch Win User

Windows 10 files/loders select all need help !!!

Hey, since i made the mistake to upgrate to Creators i have this issue with the file selection !!!
    If anyone can help please let me know

here we go:

W10 PRO 1607

Windows 10 files/loders select all need help !!! [​IMG]

W10 PRO 1603

Windows 10 files/loders select all need help !!! [​IMG]

:)

2. Need#Help Win User

Adding Birthdays and Holidays to Windows 10 Mail App

If someone knows how to add holidays and birthdays to the Windows 10 Mail App, PLEASE tell me how.

Thank you!

Need#Help, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Start screen gets stuck for a long time

Original Title: issue

i m having a problem with my windows10. every time when i resume my windows resume loder got stuck cursure is stop moving and my lapi got stuck for a long time. i m using hp i5

chfaisal_492, Sep 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, could you please actually state what the problem is you're experiencing? I'm probably missing something from your screenshots. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 12, 2017
  5. Dsch Win User
    SRY indeed i missed my point, its about how i want to use my 1703 like 1607 the photo say everything, using sigle click it's annoying when i want to stop select a few folders/files and click on the right side [where is empty space] i always open something and thats bother me alot

how can i edit my post to explain my self and my needs

TnkU.

6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, do you perhaps mean that once you have selected some items e.g. in a file explorer pane that left clicking in empty space in that pane doesn't deselect them?

If so, that works in the CU as ever.

If you mean something else, please give a step by step explanation. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 13, 2017
  7. werby Win User
    Hi,
    He means that the active area for clicking on, covers only folder/file icon & name on 1607.
    On 1703, active area covers the whole column and there is no empty space to click on but only after last folder/file.
    Is it normal on 1703?

Sorry, I'm still on 1607.

werby, Sep 13, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Thanks - see what you mean. In fact there's another problem with what they've done- that's the behaviour when drawing a selection box (click and drag to select range of items). More often than not you end up dragging a selected item rather than drawing the selection box.

The behaviour differs slightly when trying to do that top down to bottom up.

I hadn't noticed as I normally use Details view, so have columns with non highlighted space which I suppose I've instinctively used.

This is a real inconvenience, and needs reporting, which I'd encourage you to do (e.g. Feedback Hub app, or technet or both).

Note: a 3rd party file manager - XYplorer - does not exhibit this problem run under the CU.

dalchina, Sep 13, 2017
  9. werby Win User
    You're welcome and Thanks!
    But it's nice..it looks like my smartphone*Tongue *Biggrin

werby, Sep 13, 2017
  10. Dsch Win User
    My other laptop is on 1607 and i stopped using it two weeks ago it's an old laptop and need retirement, i suggest you stay on the 1607 even if you got the update to 1703 ready for install, you can igore it or after install it rollback to previous version, you have this option for a few days !!!
    If is normal dunno but it's a "little" annoying.

Yes i will try to feedback.

TnkU.

11. dalchina New Member
    As you have Win 10 Pro, and if you can revert to the Anniversary edition, you have the option to Defer Feature updates, and extend that by up to 180 days if you wish.

You may like to consider using a 3rd party file manager if continuing to use the CU.

dalchina, Sep 13, 2017
  12. Dsch Win User
    I will search for someone who have an old w10 1607 or i will use a flash drive program to create one for me from .iso
    Like on my other laptop after i install a fresh 1607 i will ignor the update to 1703 maybe u suggestion is the same.
    Since windows 98 i stopped using 3rd party programs.

13. Dsch Win User

Ok, i'm back again with the same problem but now on the last greate update from microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators 1709 16299.19!!!

The problem persist and noone give me a solution not even answere to my problem [request] Feedback Hub and no FEEDBACK now. Created a new topic with the same problem ...
    Hope someone have balls to give a feedback
    So after all noone have a solution no 3rd progs
    Tnx

14. dalchina New Member
    If that's how MS has implemented it, we can't 'fix' it ... seems to be a design change.

One can always hope someone has found a hack.

I thought you were going back to 1607.

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  15. Dsch Win User
    Have little time right now but hope very soon go back to 1607, when i made the update to 1709 i was thinking its work again normally but not even close.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 files/loders select all need help !!! - Similar Threads - files loders select

2. Please I need help. All my files are encrypted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please I need help. All my files are encrypted.: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  3. Please I need help. All my files are encrypted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please I need help. All my files are encrypted.: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  4. Please I need help. All my files are encrypted.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Need help with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with windows 10: My laptops service for windows10 has expired. What should I do in order to receive the updates needed to run effectively? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-10/5ce4cdd6-4446-4490-88d6-d3a815fbd75a
  6. NEED HELP Lost all Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEED HELP Lost all Documents: I have a lenovo ideapad S405 with Microsoft Windows. My last update was July 21st 2021, Everything was fine. Last known time computer was logged into August 2nd 2021, All was well. I had Windows 10. I logged on August 16th 2021, I notice desktop looks like Windows 8 and fewer...
  7. Help needed in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed in windows 10: submitted by /u/Ninja0981213 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kalsf5/help_needed_in_windows_10/
  8. Hey all!! Need some help with windows

Hey all!! Need some help with windows: Veryyy long story short, laptop HDD crashed, lost everything, and windows automatic repair failed. Finally worked up the courage to fix it, took the HDD out, and put a brand new SSD in. I have the USIF files on a flash drive and I'm ready to plug it in, can someone please...
  9. Need some help with a problem “Selecting a File System & Security Settings”

Need some help with a problem “Selecting a File System & Security Settings”: You decide to share the annual report for your company from your computer. You decide that the data will be stored in its own partition, so you create a 20 MB logical partition for the report. If a user signs in to your computer locally, that user must have read-only access...
  10. BSOD Windows 10 Dump File Help Needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Windows 10 Dump File Help Needed: Hello, Recently for the past 2 or so weeks, I've been getting multiple blue screens. I have a minidump of my most recent crash, but I'm not sure how to interpret this file. I used WinDbg and It says that "NETIO.SYS" is the problem, but I am not sure how to go about fixing...